• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RIP George Michael

Channel 4 is doing a special tribute to George during the news right now

DAMMIT I would have recorded it, just caught the end. Do you know if they're going to show it again by chance Sarge?

RIP George. You will be missed.

I remember when he started, his bombastic style didn't go over well with many, including me. But I grew to like him a lot and appreciated what he brought to the table.

The hospital where he died, Sibley, is where I was born.

The 3 sports news guys I remember most from my childhood - Glenn Brenner, Warner Wolf, and George Michaels. I told my wife he'd died today - 'The guy from Wham!???'

Sheesh.

He was a classic and will be missed.

I was a Glenn Brenner guy but after his passing, George was my favorite. Used to watch the Sports Machine every Sunday after moving to Colorado. RIP George. We're gonna miss you, old buddy.

I recorded it and put it on YouTube, might be the thing they showed on the Channel 4 website.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3MD9FrWUwo[/media]

I grew up watching him on WRC 4 in Washington. After Tom Brokaw finished (IIRC) NBC news, we'd watch a bit of the local news and catch the Sports Machine. A definite highlight to our evenings. He was a great promoter of Washington area sports and national sports. He will be missed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.