• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Players to watch in the draft;trade down?

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm

Top T prospect could get bowl look at C … Oklahoma OT Trent Williams, a potential top 10-20 prospect for the 2010 draft, will get a chance to show off his versatility when the Sooners play Stanford in the Sun Bowl on New Year’s eve as he is expected to start at C because of injuries along the offensive line. The 6-foot-5, 320-pound Williams, a consensus All-American LT, has never played C in a game, although he has practiced there some throughout the season for an emergency situation. Williams could improve his stock with teams looking to draft linemen with the flexibility to play multiple positions upfront.

1. December 22 (3:00 PM: Big East OT confirms draft entry ... Pretty much as expected, Rutgers junior OT Anthony Davis has formerly announced that he will be leaving school and entering the 2010 draft where he is projected to be one of the top players at the position off the board. The 6-5, 320-pound Davis, for example, is currently rated #2 by the GBN among offensive tackles while he is ranked 13th overall on the

Terp tackle to enter draft ... Maryland junior OT Bruce Campbell announced this morning that he will enter the 2010 draft. The 6-6, 310-pound Campbell fiures to be a late first round or more likely second round prospect this coming April. For the record, the GBN has Campbell rated as the #5 1. offensive tackle as well as the 47th best overall prospect for the upcoming draft, although he has the upside to go higher.

Don't know much about these guys, but I'd much rather trade down and get them than take a QB.

We'll see how much real change there is at Redskins Park as soon as our first pick comes up

Don't know much about these guys, but I'd much rather trade down and get them than take a QB.

We'll see how much real change there is at Redskins Park as soon as our first pick comes up
If by that you mean that should Shanahan/Allen in fact be running our draft, and select a QB in the first round, that Snyder is still running the show ... I'm going to disagree on principle.

What if Shanahan/Allen do all the leg work and research, both in house and out, and determine that a guy like Bradford is the right pick for the franchise at this time? Is it possible they might actually make that call based on something other than Dan Snyder's Luciferian/Mammonian presence? :cool4:

Last edited:
If, after watching JC get mugged by the Gints, Allen doesn't come to the conclusion that almost every starter on the line needs to be replaced, I'll join WDM's call for him to be fired:joker:

Well, yeah. I agree. But that's not what you said before that I was responding to. :)

You said

We'll see how much real change there is at Redskins Park as soon as our first pick comes up.

Getting real about the OL, both in the draft and FA, isn't necessarily mutually exclusive to drafting a QB (or other skill position player for that matter) with a high 1st round pick.

Verdad?

Not bustin' your chops, btw. Just feeling frisky---it's good to be back. :)

Good to have ya back too

I'm just hoping we get down to business and not go for the cool toy again.

We have so many other needs.............

Good to have ya back too

I'm just hoping we get down to business and not go for the cool toy again.

We have so many other needs.............
Absolutely agree. No one's been beating the drum louder than me for a change in philosophy--from building from the outside in as we've been doing for 10 years, to building from the inside out as we did when we were actually good--this side of, well ... you. :)

Just offering the observation that should Shanahan/Allen use the high first rounder on something other than an OL, it doesn't necessarily mean they don't have the same idea. We'll have a much better sense of the direction they'd plan to take the team after entire draft ... bolstered I suspect, by necessity since the OL cupboard is so dry, by free agency.

Patience my man. We've waited ten years ... let's wait a few more months--or at least until the end of the first day of the draft--before we string any new brain trust bodies up. :cool4:

What I want to see is Allen/Shanahan have a plan for the draft and work the plan. If they decide QB, then that is fine. However they need to address the OL early, which think both are smart enough to see this.

My perspective on this is one of "Who's judgment do you trust?" Bottom line-if the indications that I'm reading that the Allen/Shanahan combo will have less interference from "upstairs" than others have had is correct, then, based on the combined experience of the two, I'm willing to set my own, admittedly less knowledgeable judgment aside and allow them the freedom to determine who should be drafted/traded/let go or acquired in free agency...etc. for the time being and wait until things begin to coalesce nest season before I draw any final conclusions.

At least I have far more confidence in the judgment of these two than I did in the Snyderatto machine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.