• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I hate insurance companies

stevenaa

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
I have 4 cars with 2 teenage drivers. I've been with Geico for 9 years. I pay 500/month. There have been two minor fender benders in the last year. Maybe 1500 in repairs. I get a renewal notice jacking it to 800/month. Here's a recap.

Me: I'm not paying any increase or adjusting my coverage Geico. I will just go elsewhere.
Geico: See ya. Bye.
Me: Hello new insurance company. Here's my 500 down payment for my 350/month new coverage. YEEHAA. Thanks Geico, you saved me 150/mnth.
Me: Hello Geico. Cancel my policy
Geico: Oh Mr. Andress. We have a new rate schedule and we can cover you for 277/month with slightly more coverage.
Me: Are you freaking kidding me. Why the hell didn't you tell me that last night instead of pissing me off and telling me to go away.
Geico: I don't know Mr. Andress. They should have offered you this. I'll follow up with the girl you talked with.
Me: Set it up right now on the phone so It's all complete before I call new insurance company I just gave 500 Dollars too 40 minutes ago to give me my money back. Stupid Geico. Saving 230/month due do your own greedy stupidity.

They must play this game thinking a percentage won't get better rates and will just stick with the new rates. How in the hell they could justify that attempted increase is beyond me.

They do gamble on the idea risk that the majority won't question them... the under informed with just accept it. I left Geico, went with Progressive. Geico offered me less and I told them no thanks. I will stay with Progressive. Stuck with them for 3 years until I got into an accident that was not my fault...Progressive jacked my rates...I knew Geico would welcome me with open arms so I said later gator to Progressive.

I don't know how it affects my overall rates for insurance in the long run, but I've jumped ship several times over the years.

I always go to customer retention before I just quit to see what they can offer me. I have gotten so many free things that way and when I did telemarketing back in the late 90s we were told specifically to tell people they can walk all the way up until they are about to.....THEN you get them with the "well, we can offer you THIS" and get them to stay.

its not honest, its not cool, but its how it works unfortunately.

This is great advice. Asking for the customer retention department can cut through the bs quickly.

Also, I have to put a plug in for USAA. If you can qualify, they really treat their customers great. Fantastic rates and great customer service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.