• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bradford remains projected pick to the Redskins

I put a post on the other board stating that I think Bradford is the perfect Shanny QB

Big, quick release, good size, excellent mobility, can run the play action boot leg very well and has a good enough arm for the downfield throws

I'd be very excited to see what Shanahan does with Bradford

Sarge's eternal drumbeat aside (love ya brother) and purely for my edification ... anyone here have a base of first-hand observation knowledge about Bradford? I've seen maybe 2 full games of his career, and honestly can't recall forming an opinion one way or the other since I believe both times his team thoroughly overmatched whoever they were playing.

I hate to add a new wrinkle to the speculation, but check out the latest from Walterfootball.com.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

They had us taking Bradford for much of the past 6 weeks. Now this! :help:
I know! I know! It is a mock draft, but this is the same site Neo has been using for the Draft Position thread.

Sarge's eternal drumbeat aside (love ya brother) and purely for my edification ... anyone here have a base of first-hand observation knowledge about Bradford? I've seen maybe 2 full games of his career, and honestly can't recall forming an opinion one way or the other since I believe both times his team thoroughly overmatched whoever they were playing.

I remember watching him play a couple years ago, I believe against Oklahoma State, or Texas, I forget. One play stuck out in my mind in particular - Oklahoma was in the red zone, around the 5-10 yard line, third and goal. The other team blizted, leaving the slant open. Bradford recognized this, stepped into the hit and threw a perfect strike for a TD while getting crushed. It was the kind of quick-adjustment, quick-throw that every NFL QB needs in their repertoire - that one play made me think he had what it takes, and I wouldn't be overly depressed if we drafted him...however OL is a much more pressing need.

Although I will say, first round OTs are a mixed bag also. For every Chris Samuels, there's two Robert Gallerys.

I remember watching him play a couple years ago, I believe against Oklahoma State, or Texas, I forget. One play stuck out in my mind in particular - Oklahoma was in the red zone, around the 5-10 yard line, third and goal. The other team blizted, leaving the slant open. Bradford recognized this, stepped into the hit and threw a perfect strike for a TD while getting crushed. I'll admit, that one play made me think he had what it takes to be an NFL QB, and I wouldn't be overly depressed if we drafted him...however OL is a much more pressing need.

Although I will say, first round OTs are a mixed bag also. For every Chris Samuels, there's two Robert Gallerys.

Or Shar Pourdanish's

Repeat after me

Oooooooooooooooooooooo Line

OoooooooooooLine

Oooooline

OOOOLINE

OOOLINE

OLINE

OLINE

OLINEOLINEOLINEOLINEOLINEOLINEOLINEOLINE...............

Sarge, forgive me if this makes your head explode, but I have to ask ... :)

If Allen/Shanahan were to draft, say, QB Sam Bradford at #1, then use the rest of their picks (either the current ones or maybe even trading down to accumulate a few more) on OL ... would you be happy?

How about if they also bring in a couple mid-tier young veteran FA O-linemen?

You know, I'm basically happy because vinny isn't making any picks this year.

But the fact remains that we SHOULD have an almost completely new O-Line next year, be it made of up draft choices or FA's or a combo of both.

It's going to take time for them to jell. Maybe half the season if they are mostly rookies.

Campbell is used to getting shalacked. ANY improvement in protection will seem like an upgrade to him

OTOH, a rook QB has enough to learn without doing it on the run or becoming a head case from being trucked every other play ala Ramsey

So I'd much prefer if we had to make a 1-2 choice it'd be O-Line 1st and QB later. There will always be QB with a big arm that's mobile and cool.

Get the line straight first

Of course, if they can figure a way to do both at the same time, so much the better:)

You gotta get your franchise QB

Bradford is the smart, quick release QB that doesn't hold the ball long and throws an accurate pass.

Bring him into the fold (we probbaly can trade down and get him at 10) and then draft 3 o-lineman (TTG) sign a veteran center and guard and go from there

Missing out on Sam Bradford, a perfect fit for Shanny's WCO would be a major mistake

Doesn't he get hurt a lot in college though? I mean even with a decent line in the NFC East, QB's still get rocked around. I'd be afraid of him being injured after every NFC East game.

I hate to add a new wrinkle to the speculation, but check out the latest from Walterfootball.com.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

They had us taking Bradford for much of the past 6 weeks. Now this! :help:
I know! I know! It is a mock draft, but this is the same site Neo has been using for the Draft Position thread.

For the record, I wasn't paying a darn bit of attention to their mock draft, just the current draft position list and I picked this one because they updated every week, on the day after the weekend games were done.

No way I see this team taking another S in the Top 10.

I'm not the world's biggest mock draft watcher, to be honest. So much happens from Dec 1 to the end of April that trying to project it is just a crap shoot. For example, this time last year many mocks were projecting Duke Robinson as a mid to late first round pick and by the time the draft got here he dropped to the 5th round.

As for the speculation about Bradford, he sounds good today but what if he isn't healthy enough to throw at the combine? Or even healthy enough to throw privately at all before the draft? What then?

Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with Bradford if he is the guy Allen and whoever the coaches are decide they need to make this team respectable again. I am just saying it is way early to get your heart set on one dude.

At this point, if possible, I think I prefer a trade back to collect a few extra picks.

Last edited:
Or Shar Pourdanish's

Repeat after me

Oooooooooooooooooooooo Line

OoooooooooooLine

Oooooline

OOOOLINE

OOOLINE

OLINE

OLINE

OLINEOLINEOLINEOLINEOLINEOLINEOLINEOLINE...............

we need OLine:) yes and i agree with ya too.

2 words if you fear his shoulder injury

Drew Brees

3 more words

Dr. James Andrews

Bradford is going to be a super stud. And he is a superfit in the Shanny system

For the record, I wasn't paying a darn bit of attention to their mock draft, just the current draft position list and I picked this one because they updated every week, on the day after the weekend games were done.

No way I see this team taking another S in the Top 10.

Neo, I should not have made it appear as if you were giving that site an endorsement. I have been logging on BGO late over the past few days and it has been an extremely long 4 days! My thinking has not been clear.

I wanted to shed light on the absurdity of their suggestion of taking a safety with the number 6 pick while trying to say it was the same site that had us taking Bradford. I guess I was trying to give that site credibility at the same time exposing the foolish idea of taking another safety.

I can't have it both ways and when I posted that I felt I was making a mistake, but wasn't sure where at the time.

For the record, I would like to see Sam Bradford as a Redskin. The QB position is as urgent a need as much as the O-line. But I would rather see us address the O-line first since his injury puts question marks on his future. That alone concerns me but if the offensive line is not addressed he will get pummeled and that shoulder can/will get injured again.

I also do not think with his injury, he will be a top ten pick, so a trade down scenario or a Jason Campbell tendered scenario could possibly net us a shot at Bradford and a good, perhaps great offensive lineman.

We need more than one great player, we need a bunch of good ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.