• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

New animal species found in Aussie outback.

SkinnedAussie

The Team Captain
Reaction score
Explorers deep in the Australian outback have stumbled across a new animal species.

Camelroos.jpg

This is a significant find as the most recent species found was highly venomous.

Not sure if this is a joke, or if it's real ?
Looks like a cross between a camel and kangaroo, and there's no link & no details, so I assume it's a joke ?
A venemous Camel/Kangaroo ??
Does it release its venom by spitting at the victim ?

Last edited:
Drop bears are very real! Closely related to the koala bear, they tend to remain in their habitat unless threatened. Most Australians have learnt how to deal with them, and how to be aware of them, but it's the tourist from overseas who are responsible for nearly all the drop bear injuries.

PS. Check todays date!

Nice

I honestly do wanna try a koala bear burger though.

Dive bombing magpies are a worry, especially when there are kids in the vicinity, but there are a number of ways being developed to combat them. Plovers do the same thing. In fact, most birds do it but they do so in a bid to not only protect their nest, but also to protect their young.

Australia is the only country in the world where it is legal to eat the animals of our Coat of Arms. You can't eat koala's, but I've been known to chow down on an emu omelete, followed by a kangaroo stew. Imagine the outcry if someone was to eat a bald eagle? Look at what happened when someone just shot a lion! Imagine how much worse it would have been if they ate it as well.

The 'camelroos' was just an April Fool's joke, but Australians saw through it. It did. however, have non-Australians in a lather as they thought it was real. Drop bears are also a myth, but it's good to know that a lot of backpackers are unaware that drop bears don't actually exist. We have to keep alive some myths, like kangaroos jumping along the main street (in some country towns this actually happens), but good luck trying to ride one!

Drop bears are very real! Closely related to the koala bear, they tend to remain in their habitat unless threatened. Most Australians have learnt how to deal with them, and how to be aware of them, but it's the tourist from overseas who are responsible for nearly all the drop bear injuries.
PS. Check todays date!

Drop bears are also a myth, but it's good to know that a lot of backpackers are unaware that drop bears don't actually exist. We have to keep alive some myths, like kangaroos jumping along the main street (in some country towns this actually happens), but good luck trying to ride one!

Wait, so in your first quote about Drop Bears being real, that was also part of the April Fool's joke, in addition to the camelroos ?

My first reply would have carried over in to 1st April, but the joke woukd have been over by my second reply. If you don't believe me about drop bears, and you know how a search engine works, go ahead and knock yourself out looking them up!

My first reply would have carried over in to 1st April, but the joke woukd have been over by my second reply. If you don't believe me about drop bears, and you know how a search engine works, go ahead and knock yourself out looking them up!

I already did do a search on them even before my first post on Drop Bears, and found multiple sources, that would lend one to believe that their existence may be credible, or at least, possible.
This is the first thing I found. And while they do use the word "mythical", they do consider the possibility that the accounts of their existence may be legit.

#8 on the Top 10 List
Top 10 Australian Mythical Creatures & Cryptids | Toptenz.net

Also, I searched youtube, and there were multiple videos that were convincing that they may be real......
including this somewhat convincing "awareness video".
Then again, it could be a joke, with a fairly decent acting job, by this guy - and others in other videos.

Last edited:
A few points. Firstly, that dude is NOT a ranger, let alone a head ranger. Rangers are employed by State Government, and therefore should be wearing a uniform. Secondly, the 'survivor' is pretending to be an aboriginal. He is Indian, FFS. Watch him carefully and you'll find he is reading from a script.

The acronym is also a give-away. But wait, did the 'head ranger' have a drop bear to show how they differ? He would have a better chance showing a Yeti, or catching Nessy!

Drop bears DO NOT EXIST! They are a made up animal moreso to scare the tourists and to keep them where they are supposed to be.

You wish! Most overseas backpackers can be found working behind a bar, sending their dollars home, or earning enough to pay for their ticket home. What I meant was tourists are to remain in the areas set aside for tourist activities, whether it be bush walking, sight seeing or camping. The amount of times a tourist has gone missing because they thought they knew better than staying on the track does not make it newsworthy. They are often embarrassed by the concern shown by the locals. If they only knew .........

Australia is the only country in the world where it is legal to eat the animals of our Coat of Arms. You can't eat koala's, but I've been known to chow down on an emu omelete, followed by a kangaroo stew. Imagine the outcry if someone was to eat a bald eagle? Look at what happened when someone just shot a lion! Imagine how much worse it would have been if they ate it as well.

Id love to try emu and kangaroo, I bet they're good.

Up here in Alaska you get a minimum of $5k fine and a yr confinement for even possessing an eagle feather. You can literally have one float into your yard and get in trouble. Odds are crazy against that of course but they take it very seriously here.

Kangaroo meat is very lean, but tastes gamey. It also smells different - my missus thinks it smells like it is rotten! Emu is a little like Ostrich, apparently, and you don't need as many eggs when you make an omelet!

Crocodile is much like salty chicken, and Buffalo is like a really tough steak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.