• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN 980 Mortenson: Shanahan To Skins Almost Done

If Shanny is hired, I wonder how they'll get by the Rooney rule, what with the published reports that both Gray and Blache have denied being interviewed for the position.

I wonder if you could pseudo-bypass the Rooney rule by firing Zorn, making Jerry Gray the interim coach for the last two games and then announce Shanahan.

Seeing as there are no non-white candidates, other than retired Tony Dungy, anywhere near as qualified as Shanahan I think it's stupid to have to interview some guy you have no intention of hiring.

Maybe Ted Cottrell is available for a phone interview. ;)

Let's not be insulting, there are qualified candidates like Leslie Frazier out there that would merit an interview.

That said I don't see this as a barrier.

My real rooting interest is to see Zorn GONE.

He is now in the same discredited barrel as Spurrier.

He is bush league in the extreme and made the organization and himself look really poor on Monday Night.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Leslie Frazier should be on a lot of short lists. I have no idea why he hasn't gotten a shot yet. That defense in Minny is nasty and very aggressive.

Hell, I'd offer Frazier a bag of money to come coach our defense even if Shanahan was hired. He's just the type of guy we need here.

i can live with this hire bringing bruce allen in and if it,s shanahan then fine and if it,s gruden,cowher etc. all i want is this organization to get it,s stuff together for once and for all and this hire is a step in the right direction to me.we need fresh ideas from the front office to the football field cause this team needs it desperately.zorn is deadman walking in itself.one final thing dan needs to stand by his word to back off and let bruce allen do what he was hired to do and lets see what happens..

There's a few DCs like Frazier and a few OCs I wouldn't mind seeing, but even though I'm not a big fan of Shanahan I wonder if we actually need a big name to re-establish some form of order with in the organization.

I really would like to see the next Gibbs or Gruden come here, but I don't see it happening but it's a crapshoot sometimes if you're getting that guy or another Jim Zorn.

Let's not be insulting, there are qualified candidates like Leslie Frazier out there that would merit an interview.

That said I don't see this as a barrier.

My real rooting interest is to see Zorn GONE.

He is now in the same discredited barrel as Spurrier.

He is bush league in the extreme and made the organization and himself look really poor on Monday Night.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I think it would be more insulting to Frazier to have him go through an interview process when you have absolutely NO INTENTION of hiring him. While he's probably a very good coordinator, I stand by my statement that he is nowhere near as qualified as Shanahan. I'd certainly give him some serious consideration IF Shanahan, or some other successful former HC like Gruden or Cowher, turned down an offer to coach the Skins but we all know full well Danny's not gonna take a flyer on a guy with NO HC experience this time.

Totally agree about Zorn being in the same category as Spurrier. He needs to go "back to school" as a college coordinator and work his way back up again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.