• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Two Things I Would Like to See In Last 2 Games

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
1. Move LaRon Landry to strong safety and play Hakeem Moore at free and see if that combination is a possibility for 2010. Landry has the instincts to play the line of scrimmage and Moore has the footspeed and smarts to be a centerfielder for the defense. Since both players are under 25 and are under contract to the Skins for 2010 the team has nothing to lose. Certainly, Moore can't be any worse in anticipation in coverage than what we have seen from Landry to this point.

2. Move Brian Orakpo to DE and lets see what he does both against the run and as an active pass rusher. Andre Carter has a torn biceps muscle and there is really no advantage to playing both Carter and Daniels, who also has a torn biceps muscle, these last 2 games given their ages (30 and 37) and where the defense is likely headed in 2010. Orakpo has lived up to his billing as an edge rusher, but we need to know if he can hold up at 6'4 and 263 in the run game to evaluate what if any needs we have on the DL for the future.

1. Move LaRon Landry to strong safety and play Hakeem Moore at free and see if that combination is a possibility for 2010. Landry has the instincts to play the line of scrimmage and Moore has the footspeed and smarts to be a centerfielder for the defense. Since both players are under 25 and are under contract to the Skins for 2010 the team has nothing to lose. Certainly, Moore can't be any worse in anticipation in coverage than what we have seen from Landry to this point.

2. Move Brian Orakpo to DE and lets see what he does both against the run and as an active pass rusher. Andre Carter has a torn biceps muscle and there is really no advantage to playing both Carter and Daniels, who also has a torn biceps muscle, these last 2 games given their ages (30 and 37) and where the defense is likely headed in 2010. Orakpo has lived up to his billing as an edge rusher, but we need to know if he can hold up at 6'4 and 263 in the run game to evaluate what if any needs we have on the DL for the future.

Just busting your chops here:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=194474

http://www.redskins.com/gen/players/Kareem_Moore.jsp

But I wouldn't mind seeing what Moore brings to the table given the opportunity.

The only thing I want to see is us beat Dallas! That could be the only thing to salvage a tad bit of respect.

Daniels sounds like he will be back next year if given the opportunity, Carter is possible trade bait with a chance to make a Pro-Bowl statement. I don't see either enjoying a seat on the bench, nor deserving.

Last edited:
Except that Carter has a no trade clause IIRC. I would love to see both. I also wonder how Horton will fill in when he returns to the lineup next year. Don't know that he's capable of playing FS in the role that we like to play them here either. To say that Landry has been a dissapointment in that role this year, heck since filling in for ST, would be a gross understatement.

I will be happy if they play with some fire and not embarass themselves or the fans.

Horton is a strong safety like Doughty and lacks the footspeed to play free.

That was the interest I had in Moore when he was drafted.

He seemed to have the speed and cover skills to be a capable free safety.

In any case, the team simply can't let the status quo go on with Landry.

And I don't expect it to when the new coaches look at the film.

As Jaworski said, the truth is there on film for people to see, sometimes they just don't want to open their eyes to it.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

What I would like to see:

1. Bench guys who aren't playing their asses off or who just don't get and haven't figured out what they need to do.

2. Mitchell, Barnes and anybody else that haven't seen much time, get some snaps.

3. Move Orakpo to DE and see if he struggles on runs.....we need to know now whether he's a SLB/DE like Marcus Washington was, or if he should be just a DE.
(I'm thinking DE).

4.Let's see what Malcom Kelly can do.

5. Run the ball a lot. Campbell needs not to be crippled before the end of the season. Let's see what a Quinton Ganther/Marcus Mason tandem at about 20 carries each can do.

Zorn and Blache seem wedded to failure.

They aren't going to change anything of consequence.

Inflexibility is one reason Davis, Thomas, Mitchell didn't see the field early on.

totally agree BT and it makes no sense to have your 3rd round pick riding the bench

Same with the 2nd rounders who you want to find out sooner or later what they can do.
Had Cooley not broken his ankle, Davis would be considered an underachiever

1. Beat Dallas

2. Beat Norv

Then, pull out the blindfolds, smokes, and bullets.

1. Beat Dallas

2. Beat Norv

Actually, I'd like to beat Dallas, but lose to San Diego. No need to eff up our draft position any more than absolutely necessary. The best we can do is 4th overall at this point (I think) if we beat Dallas and lose to San Diego, which should get us Okung. So we'll just have to hope that we go 1-1 to end the season, and Cleveland and KC go on 2-game winning streaks!

1. Beat Dallas

2. Beat Norv

1. I expect us to do just that on Sunday.....yes, I think we'll win as crazy as it would appear.

2. Norv is the Bane of our existence no matter what team he's on, the Skins lose around Norv. He's Kryptonite to the Redskins. Expect the Skins to lose and lose stupid.

- Bruce Allen was determining how many Burgundy and Gold blindfolds (and one Maroon, Yellow and Black one for Zorn) during the Giants game for sure.

My only hope is that if/when the Skins beat Dallas, it won't hurt our draft status.

Draft position don't mean jack to me. There have been hits and misses in every slot.

Crap shoot.

1. I expect us to do just that on Sunday.....yes, I think we'll win as crazy as it would appear.

2. Norv is the Bane of our existence no matter what team he's on, the Skins lose around Norv. He's Kryptonite to the Redskins. Expect the Skins to lose and lose stupid.

- Bruce Allen was determining how many Burgundy and Gold blindfolds (and one Maroon, Yellow and Black one for Zorn) during the Giants game for sure.

My only hope is that if/when the Skins beat Dallas, it won't hurt our draft status.

It strains credulity to even hope we can beat either team. The Giants debacle showed just how in shambles this team is. We looked like a high school team in a BCS bowl - that's no exaggeration. We can hope that Dallas will do it's December usual - snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. But to me, that feels like an empty hope. And we certainly aren't an active threat to anyone.

And San Diego? Lets face it - Norv had our number when it was his RAIDERS we were trying to subdue. These are the Chargers, led by a QB having a career year, and I don't think there's a chance in hell we can even make it respectable - forget about winning.

Sorry - I think we lose both, and probably in embarrassing fashion. Of course I'd love to be wrong :)

Actually, Chargers locked up a first round bye last night, and have nothing more to play for. We'll most likely be playing 2nd and 3rd stringers for the majority of the game, and SHOULD win. Although some would argue that we're a team full of 2nd and 3rd stringers...lol

I will say this.....if we tank against Dallas like we did against the Giants, I'd LOVE to see Zorn get fired just to make a statement. Suisham was fired after he let down his teammates by choking against both Dallas and New Orleans. A bad loss to Dallas would, and SHOULD, be the last straw.

Hopefully we don't see that happen, though. And hopefully, Suisham doesn't have the opportunity to kick a game-winning FG against us. A victory over Dallas would make me feel a WHOLE lot better going into the offseason. Not much better about THIS season but it WOULD make the future look a tad bit brighter.

Suisham sucks, right Jimbo? He couldn't possibly make the Redskins pay :)

My issue with firing Suisham is that he's apparently the only Redskin accountable for this crap season. Firing him, while his teammates suck it up all around him, is nothing but the peak of hypocrisy. I'm not saying he didn't deserve to get fired. I'm saying he didn't deserve to get fired anymore than any other Redskin this season.

And winning against Dallas might make us feel good, but lets face it, ultimately, it's pretty meaningless.

You make a good point, Boone. But Suisham wasn't a draft pick, and Snyderrato had shown preferential treatment towards draft picks in the past...

Like so many others I am sore! I am fed up with a team that has become such a laughing stock! I feel so disenchanted that I am almost ready to give up! But at no point could I feel that a win against the Cowgirls is meaningless.

After the loss to the Girls earlier in the season, I was convinced we would go into this game assured of a victory. I was convinced that as bad as we were regardless of the loss, we were capable of beating them. Today I am not so sure! But beating them would make going into the off season just a little more bearable.

I don't disagree Elephant - believe me, I'll spend 3 hours of my life watching them tonight - and I'd love to see them throw some cold water on the Cowboys playoff hopes. I just don't have any reason to believe they'll do it. And while we'd like to pretend, for personal reasons, that it's a meaningful game, for the Redskins, it's not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.