• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Re-Sign TE Logan Paulsen

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release

March 11, 2016

REDSKINS RE-SIGN TE LOGAN PAULSEN

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have re-signed unrestricted free agent tight end Logan Paulsen. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Paulsen (6-5, 261) has played in 75 career regular season games with 42 starts since joining the Redskins as a college free agent prior to the 2010 season. He has recorded 79 career receptions for 801 yards (10.1 avg.) with six receiving touchdowns.

Paulsen played collegiately at UCLA from 2005-09, appearing in 46 career games and catching 71 passes for 888 yards (12.5 avg.) with one touchdown. He served as a team captain for the Bruins as a senior in 2009.

A native of Northridge, Calif., Paulsen, 29, attended Chaminade College Preparatory School and earned first-team All-Mission League honors as both a junior and senior. He was born Feb. 26, 1987.

He's certainly not going to be a key target on offense, but he can block and plays special teams. I like this, if he is healthy.

Agreed. Solid blocking TE with just enough ball skills to be a threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulsen looked like he was on the rise but his play has declined big time the last few years. I don't really know who to expect going forward. Big question for the Skins is whether Niles Paul comes back and finally becomes the impact player the coaches seem to believe he could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big question for the Skins is whether Niles Paul comes back and finally becomes the impact player the coaches seem to believe he could be.

If he does,just how big would that be for this offense? It could be like the Pats when they had Gronk and Hernandez going crazy and it's nice to think about that type of production but we also have to caution ourselves here.....

Wasn't that what was promised about Cooley and Davis? And it never came to light.

I still hope we find an upgrade to the #2 TE spot,somewhere in the later rounds on draft day.

If he does,just how big would that be for this offense? It could be like the Pats when they had Gronk and Hernandez going crazy and it's nice to think about that type of production but we also have to caution ourselves here.....

Wasn't that what was promised about Cooley and Davis? And it never came to light.

I still hope we find an upgrade to the #2 TE spot,somewhere in the later rounds on draft day.

Yeah, I gotta think we will draft a youngin later just to see if he can push Paul and Logan. Plus, we still have Derek Carrier on the roster, who seemed to come on some late in the season, no barn burner, but he is only 25 and showed some promise. Good thing about Niles Paul is that he is still young for a 6 year vet...if he can come back from the injury.

I think we'll be alright at TE.

Carrier's injury is pretty serious and he may not be ready to play at the start of the 2016 season.

Paulsen will never be a big receiving threat but he failed to live up to his billing as a solid blocking TE the past couple of years.

I don't know that we have an effective blocking TE on the team even with this move.

Marcel Jensen has the size. Hopefully he is a diamond in the raw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.