• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign DE Kendall Reyes

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release

March 11, 2016

REDSKINS SIGN DE KENDALL REYES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed unrestricted free agent defensive end Kendall Reyes. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Reyes (6-4, 300) is entering his fifth NFL season after originally being selected by the San Diego Chargers in the second round (49th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft. He has appeared in 64 career regular season games with 50 starts, compiling 126 tackles (81 solo), 13.5 sacks, seven passes defensed and one interception for the Chargers from 2012-15. Reyes played in all 16 regular season games in each of his four seasons with the Chargers and started at least 15 games in each of the last three years.

Reyes played collegiately at UConn from 2008-11, earning first-team All-Big East honors as a junior and senior. He finished his collegiate career having tallied 142 tackles, 11.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and two interceptions in 52 games played for the Huskies.

Reyes, 26, attended Nashua (N.H.) North H.S., where he was a two-time all-state and all-conference selection at wide receiver and defensive end. He was born Sept. 26, 1989.

Reyes is the kind of free agent I expected McCloughan to sign - an under the radar guy with decent size and strength who has underachieved a bit and comes at a discount to his potential.

I really don't expect the Redskins to land Chris Long on a multi-year deal at age 31.

It's actually not in the best interests of the Redskins or Long. At 31, Long wants to go to a winning club, which the Redskins may end up not being in 2016.

Meanwhile, he is more past than future and for a younger team trying to build tying up a roster spot on a guy his age is probably counterproductive in the long-run.

You can gauge the wisdom of a Skins pick these days by the cricket chirps in the thread. We're all like...who? Other than Mike, I doubt anyone's even familiar with this guy. Young, 3 year starter, solid stats, cheap... What's not to like?

What's not to like?

He was rated next to worst defensive linemen in 2015 by PFF, not just for the year, but received the "honor" during one of the weeks, for not one single defensive stop. For the year, he had 45.5 rating.
Also, he comes from the Chargers defense, which makes this sound more like a Joe Barry-influenced signing, than a McGlue signing.

Last edited:
It's reasonable to think Scot consulted Barry but I doubt Scot signed off on him purely because of it.

Well have you ever heard of a dominating defensive player named "Kendall" ?
His career would probably be better, if he switched to "Ken".
Now, there's a bad ass name - Ken.
In fact, isn't there a really cool BGO member named "Ken" ?

Last edited:
Well have you ever heard of a dominating defensive player named "Kendall" ?
His career would probably be better, if he switched to "Ken".
Now, there's a bad ass name - Ken.
In fact, isn't there a really cool BGO member named "Ken" ?

Huge red flag. I couldn't have said it better myself.

If I want to learn how to play "Dance Dance Revolution" I'm calling someone named Kendall.

Here's his ride, a little too showboat for my taste but Gibbs might like him

kendall car.jpg

I mentioned the PFF rating in the initial post about his signing.

Boone is right though that few if any of us have focused on this guy or seen much of him playing on the Left Coast.

He has the size and strength and was a guy that got some sacks and hurries those first two years.

If it's a technique issue Scot is putting that on the position coach and DC to work through.

Have a look at Reyes twitter account. Looks like a pretty solid individual who is active in the community.

Not sure how much that will ultimately contribute towards results on the football field, but he's certainly not going to be a guy that is difficult to cheer for.

The vibe I get is that he understands what being a pro is all about. From that standpoint, he fits nicely into the culture Scot is trying to create, so I applaud the move.

Blue chip guys a solid team do make. Bring 'em. The sum of the total and all that. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.