• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

redskins Need New DC As Well

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
Lost amid all the hand-wringing on offense is the relative underperformance of the defense in 2009.

Blache is running schemes that don't fit the personnel and then has at least 2 or 3 players playing out of position.

Blache is too conservative and fails to pressure opposing quarterbacks on key downs.

Last night Manning sat back and shredded the zone defenses he saw on third down.

The idea you are goinf to get Manning to make unforced errors and undo his teams drives without pressure is foolishness.

That works against rookies and younger qbs but not tested veterans.

Ask yourself why the defense came up short against Dallas and Philadelphia in the fourth quarter and you can point to a lack of aggressiveness.

The other factor here is that the Redskins backfield is not well-suited to playing zone.

Hall and Tryon are smallish cover guys and not good open field tacklers. Landry at free safety is not instinctual and is not consistently in the right place in the zone.

Teams that run the Tampa zone have corners like Rhonde Barber and Sheldon Brown, who are excellent tacklers and positionally sound. They are backed up by a free safety that covers the deep gaps.

The Redskins without changes at CB and FS would be better served being more aggressive with their strength, the front seven, and creating pressure up front rather than sitting back.

Zorn needs to go but he needs to take Blache with him.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

At least 5 of us have been harping on Blache all season, nothing has been "lost."

The Redskins need a new everything.

Reading a post on the other board, it was apparent to a poster that Blanche was simply mailing it in last night

He honestly has looked like he has been mailing it in since he became the Redskins D-cord

After last night's performance, I have no doubt the coaching staff will be gutted. I could possibly see one or two position coaches staying but no more than that.

I'll be extremely disappointed if any coaches that are currently on staff are here next year.

Wonder what Buddy Ryan is doing?

I'd keep Buges if he wanted to stay. He has done some yeoman's work this year with all the injuries on the line.

Maybe Olivadotti and Meidt too.

I'd keep Buges if he wanted to stay. He has done some yeoman's work this year with all the injuries on the line.

Maybe Olivadotti and Meidt too.

Those were the ones that came to mind for me as well. I have a feeling Buges will retire if Shanahan becomes coach, though.

Those were the ones that came to mind for me as well. I have a feeling Buges will retire if Shanahan becomes coach, though.

On that note anyone know what Alex Gibbs status is for next season?? If we end up with Shanny would love to see him take over the line again.

On that note anyone know what Alex Gibbs status is for next season?? If we end up with Shanny would love to see him take over the line again.

Asst. Head Coach/Offense - Houston Texans

Lanky's right! There have been several of us who are so fed up with this whole defensive scheme. All year we have been getting burned on 3rd downs. I am glad to see him go.

I hope his replacement does not subscribe to this Williams/Blache zone scheme! We have the personnel to finally put some real pressure on the QB, find someone who will take advantage of it!

I have the same feeling now about wanting Zorn out as I did when Spurrier was ending up the 2003 season having lost the team and mailing in the last quarter of the season so obviously there really was no way to bring him back in 2004 even if anyone wanted to.

None of the coaches here are on anyone's short list.

Jerry Gray may get some nibbles but that's about it.

And I have to question WHO in the organization is continuing to force Laron Landry to play free safety?

My God, for the last 2-3 weeks of the season you would figure the team might just try Hakeem Moore, a natural FS, at that position and allow Landry to move to strong safety just to see what we have.

But this group it is clear is going to leave everything for Allen and the next coach to figure out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.