• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL.com Top 99 FA - only 4 Redskins?

SkinnedAussie

The Team Captain
Reaction score
I don't usually read what a journo writes (especially as I am a freelance journo!), but the article re: free agents is a joke, surely?

We have just one in the first 60 (Kirk Cousins - 13), then the next is Terrence Knighton at 61, Alfred Morris at 64 with Junior Galette at 76.

WTF? I thought our FA's were better than that. The LA Rams have eight named, and we are a much better side than they are.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000637939/article/2016-free-agency-top-99-available-players

It has nothing to do with how good your team is though. It has to do with who is able to leave the team via free agency. You probably don't want a lot on that list, as it means you are likely losing quality players.

We'll more than likely keep three of them. Kirk will possibly be tagged, Knighton will re-sign, but to more than one year, and Junior has already said he wants to return if just to repay the trust shown in him prior to his initial signing. This just leaves Alf, who I think we can cover with Jones and Thompson, and Pierre Thomas at a stretch, but RBs seem to be easy enough to sign.

My original post related to the fact that with all of our players who become FAs, only four are good enough to make the Top 99!

Yeah, but it's related to who became an FA this year. In the end, you don't want your players on that list. You are better off if they aren't, because then they aren't in danger of leaving the team.

Also, just look in BB's thread at the FA crop we have this year. Who else would you even want to put on there? LeRibeus? :D

Yeah, just our luck, Josh LeRiebus goes to next year's Super Bowl Champion in Free Agency.

Yeah, just our luck, Josh LeRiebus goes to next year's Super Bowl Champion in Free Agency.

So essentially what you are saying is he re-signs with the Redskins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.