• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Valentines Day

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score
I was just curious what the romantics here were planning for their significant other(s)?

The other night a jewelry commercial came on TV, which prompted my wife to say don't by me any jewelry. She said she would rather have some
topsoil and mulch for the back yard. Since she manages a florist getting her flowers can be tricky, but was able to order her some. I haven't done
this is several years. Think that was the time had a party ball tap put into the arrangement.

So, just curious to see if anyone else doing something out of the ordinary.

PS...my back says buy jewelry.

I will be buying flowers and taking her to a very nice, romantic restaurant for dinner that I made reservations for a month ago. She keeps asking where and I keep telling her it's a surprise. It's killing her. Lol

I've already explained to her that I don't consider it an expensive gift occasion. Because (a) it's not, it's a day to celebrate our love and appreciation for each other, and (b) I don't want to set a high bar for the future. Well, to be totally honest, I explained (a) and kept (b) to myself.

I buy my wife a single red rose on Valentines Day...nothing different this year. She will be singing in the church on Sunday evening, as she does every Sunday, so dinner plans are out.

Aw, you guys are so nice. I like all your plans for the women in your lives. :)

I'll be going on a 1st date with a guy...no pressure at all, lol.

For the record, I am not a Valentines Day fan and gave him the option to change it so neither of us would feel pressured, but we both decided this would be the only time this upcoming week we could meet, so we'd just treat it as a regular Sunday.

This will be our 34th Valentines Day together. We've done everything from expensive gifts, to nothing.
One of the things you learn after all the years is, as corny as it may sound, is that everyday is Valentines Day.
If you want it to be. All the jewelry, flowers, and chocolates in the world mean nothing, unless we have each other.

I still don't know how in the world I landed such a beauty. She would say the same.

We'll decide tomorrow what we feel like doing.

Aw, you guys are so nice. I like all your plans for the women in your lives. :)

I'll be going on a 1st date with a guy...no pressure at all, lol.

Was there ever any question about that?

I actually went on a one night stand on Valentines Day once. Haha!

image.jpeg

Twenty years ago I proposed to my wife on Valentine's Day. I figured that would cover me for the rest of my life.

So far so good. :)

is this a business arraignment or a date?!! sheesh! ;)
Wait, are you saying this is the reason I'm perpetually single? I mean, he was cool with the contract I drew up for us!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.