• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

So much for the Good Will towards Zorn and others

The Burgundy Ghost

The Starter
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
Alma Mater
Salisbury
I seriously doubt that anybody will suggest Zorn remaining with the Skins after this loss to the Giants.

One has to wonder what the feeling towards other guys like Campbell and Ganther will be as well.

Your thoughts?

Mine. Bruce Allen has a great deal of work ahead of him if this is the performance you get when your new boss has his first game of evaluations to do.

You got that right. I think this makes it easier for decisions to be made actually.

The players didn't like Vinny, and to celebrate they play like **** at home against a division opponent.

Just when you think there is a lot than can be salvaged...

I seriously doubt that anybody will suggest Zorn remaining with the Skins after this loss to the Giants.

One has to wonder what the feeling towards other guys like Campbell and Ganther will be as well.

Your thoughts?

Mine. Bruce Allen has a great deal of work ahead of him if this is the performance you get when your new boss has his first game of evaluations to do.

Having not been able to see too many games this season, it's hard for me to gauge Campbell with the sieve of a line. He was almost literally a "Walking Dead man" tonight. I have the feeling we'll end up with him for at least next season. Same goes for Ganther....... he did blow the blocking asignment that got Campbell hammered, but ran hard as he has in the las two games. Give him a line to run behind that opens some real holes.

Allen has some real tough decisions to make, but I'm sure he won't be quite alone making them.

Zorn is so done, it's not even funny. He had the "deer in the headlights" look most of the night. Even a look of disgust would have done more for him, but just standing there with the befuddled look, emotionless, was just a sad, being the only thing he's done consistently.

Zorn just looked confused. He should be gone. The next HC should be able to bring in his own staff as well so I'd say everybody should go unless the next HC wants them to stay.

Now I'm actually in the keep Campbell camp.
I also think Ganther should be back as a change of pace or a comittee back, but they have to work on his pass-pro and reading the D.

But I was on the fence on keeping Jones, Mike Williams (looked ok as a guard at times) and a few other guys.....but they have to go.

I'd also like the Skins to try and trade Landry. I think they'd be better off with Reed Doughty/Chris Horton at SS and bring in a FA/draft a FS who can cover the field and use Moore in certain situations.

How in the world did that game cause you to switch to the position that we should keep Campbell??? If anything, it showed you nothing cause Campbell had zero seconds to throw the ball. But when he did, his throws were absolutely awful.

How in the world did that game cause you to switch to the position that we should keep Campbell??? If anything, it showed you nothing cause Campbell had zero seconds to throw the ball. But when he did, his throws were absolutely awful.

When did I say I switched positions?
This game showed me nothing.......how could it, I'm going off the past 4 weeks of performances and some evaluations by Football Outsiders, Jaws and others.
I stil think Campbell should be tendered high, if another team bites then we get some solid compensation. If not, keep him and work on the bigger issue: our O-line.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time blaming this one on Campbell. He spent the entire game stuffed in the dirt. That is, when he got a chance to get on the field, which was like once every 10 minutes.

I can't put too much of this on Campbell either. When you have at most three seconds to throw................

And the few times you have say.............four seconds, in the back of your head you have to be wondering how many milliseconds you have left before you get plowed by a 250 DE running full bore............

Bottom line, Suisham is to blame. this was one of he few games I have been able to watch on t.v. Agree that there was no way to evaluate Cambpell on this game. He never had a chance.

When did I say I switched positions?
This game showed me nothing.......how could it, I'm going off the past 4 weeks of performances and some evaluations by Football Outsiders, Jaws and others.
I stil think Campbell should be tendered high, if another team bites then we get some solid compensation. If not, keep him and work on the bigger issue: our O-line.

Sorry, I misread your previous post where you said "Now I'm actually in the keep Campbell camp." I read that as NOW I'm in the keep JC camp, as in last night's game caused you to switch. :)

Zorn is too through in D.C. I almost wanted to see him come back next year, but he's done. Campbell...I just hate to see another quarterback leave Washington a failure. I'm sick of it. We haven't had a steady quarterback in this town for so long. Last night's game just put a bad taste in my mouth and I hope things change dramatically as soon as the clock hits 0:00 in two weeks.

This is spot on here. Last night's result was actually a good thing. It certainly leaves no doubt about Zorn and Campbell (who, while under duress, was terrible while doing all the usual Campbell sins - slow recognition, sloppy footwork, holding the ball, inaccurate, lack of awareness, etc.).

It also demonstrates that, if you're in a division with Kevin Gilbride as OC, you can't have Greg Blache be your DC. It just doesn't work. It truly seems that Blache radios his plays in through Gilbride. Gilbride/Manning owns Blache and knows exactly what he is going to do on every play. Last night was just a continuation of what has happened in the three previous games against the Giants. The only difference is that, last night, the Giants were able to finish drives and put the ball in the end zone, rather than settling for FGs.

Nope, last night was extremely clarifying. While painful to watch, it blew away any illusions that may have started forming over the last month or so.

I think Zorn must be on some mood altering drug that keeps him 'medium'. After that horse**** performance last night, and knowing he's gone anyway, you'd think he'd rip into his coaches and his team's lack of effort, poor execution and apparent obliviousness to the fact that they are auditioning for jobs, regardless of the fact that it will be someone other than him making those decisions.

Up until this point the players had displayed professionalism, work ethic and had not appeared to give up on Zorn. This week with the new GM and all the talk of Shanahan, the players just gave up, and Zorn lost them. The next couple of weeks could be ugly.

Zorn is two levels above his competence as head coach. He is not even coordinator material. He says playcalling is his passion but he doesn't seem to have the knack for anticipating the flow of a game the way Joe Gibbs did in the past or the way you see a Kevin Gilbride work today.

Zorn most likely will be back to being a quarterbacks coach in Cleveland with Mike Holmgren, his former mentor.

Holmgren knew what Zorn could do well and didn't advance him on his staff to the coordinator level despite Jim being 50 plus years of age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.