• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Wembley Redskins!

Knightingale

The Team Captain
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Apologies if there is already a thread up for this, but I couldn't find it so here we are....

I haven't been around much the past week as I've been suffering from a flu type illness that had me wiped out and bedridden, but all that's behind me now and a driving force in me feeling much perkier was....

GOT TICKETS TO THE GAME AT WEMBLEY BABY!!!!! WHOOOOOOP!!!!!

I cannot tell you how excited I am by this.

I've been a Redskins fan since 1984 and this is the first time I've actually had the opportunity to see them live and in person. I cannot wait for this game.
I have to thank my ever-loving wife for the honour as she bought the tickets and they were not cheap. The two tickets cost us about £320, (about $460 - How does that compare to Fedex rates?)

When you add in the hotel and the travel etc, it'll be an expensive weekend but so worth it, win or lose. Hopefully Win as I think (am optimistic) that we have turned a corner as a team and should put up a good game.

Anyway, we had planned to see if we could afford a trip to Fedex over the next couple of years, and still do. That was going to be the trip where we'd hopefully see if we could meet a few of you guys. That would be awesome.

As this Wembey game has brought my timetable for seeing the team play forwards I was just wondering whether anyone from BGO is also going to the game?

Anyone?

Boone and I have talked about the possibility of a ro--er, pond trip. It'll be all about the dates and ability to keep costs within reason.

Be out****ingstanding though, if we can make it work.

Boone and I have talked about the possibility of a ro--er, pond trip. It'll be all about the dates and ability to keep costs within reason.

Be out****ingstanding though, if we can make it work.

My brother in law and I are discussing taking our wives to London to fit this trip in. Like you said, it all depends on date.

I am also looking at coming over. I'd be inclined to stay longer than the Redskins package provides. Maybe 10 days or so. I looked at one website for game day tickets - about 250 pounds each for lower level. Seems a bit high. Is that really the going rate or are tickets somewhat lower than that?

Any idea which side of the field is the Redskins side? If I'm gonna pop a few grand for the game I wanna be on the right side of the field...

Note: looks like from Redskins.com by the seats they are selling that the Redskins side is the one that runs between the teens and twenties on the lower level. i.e. Lower level 124 is the Redskins side (about the 40 yard line). Club level runs between the twenty's and thirties. i.e. club level 225 is the Redskins side (about the 40 yard line).

Found some various sites for tickets. Club and lower level range between roughly $300 to $400. So it looks like 250 pounds is about right for those type seats. About half that for upper level.

Last edited:
Mrs. Skinsfan and I are going, along with some other friends. We're going to start in Dublin, spend 3-4 days, then it's on to to London, for 5-6 nights. We'll buy tickets, on the aftermarket, as the game gets closer.

Got my tix. Well haven't actually received them but payed for them. Anyway, don't know if I'll do Ireland before or after the game. Got kinda a screwy schedule because of work but I'll get about.

Don't know the seat number but the section is 226 and Row 4. I'm guessing that most folks haven't gotten tix or figured out where they want to sit.

Those of us that make the trip will hook up at some point. Plenty of time for that plan.

Got my tix. Well haven't actually received them but payed for them. Anyway, don't know if I'll do Ireland before or after the game. Got kinda a screwy schedule because of work but I'll get about.

Don't know the seat number but the section is 226 and Row 4. I'm guessing that most folks haven't gotten tix or figured out where they want to sit.

Those of us that make the trip will hook up at some point. Plenty of time for that plan.

https://seatgeek.com/venues/wembley-stadium/seating-chart/nfl-104436

This might help.

Make sure to post pics, ladies and gents. Those of us who couldn't go are countin' on you.

So, on the one hand, I'm happy that fellow Redskins fans will get to attend a game and see our boys play, live.

Enjoy!!!

On the other hand, I think playing regular season games, outside of the US, is one of the dumbest things the NFL does.

Thanx. Actually they don't assign an actual seat until closer to game day. Ticket resellers/agents will buy a block of tickets and then if a group comes in where my seat would have been they can move it around a bit (so I've been told). So, I'm guaranteed the actual Section and Row but just not the actual seat.
Worked out for me - I wound up with an upgrade. I am not required to take it but I am good with it. Moved up a row and now am in Club Sideline 226; Row 3; Seat 278.

Wembley Seat1.jpg

Approximate view.
Anyway, here now at the London House in Kensington if anyone knows (or cares) where that neighborhood is for the visitors and residents. That's a LLooooooonnnngg flight from Seattle. The only real hassle so far is a lot of kiosks (like for travel cards) don't take my type chip cards, the card is newer and the chip is more centered rather than towards the edge.

I've run into a lot more Redskin fans vs those other guys so far.

Home team compensation? I think they get an extra day for the Hop On/Hop Off tour... :friendly_wink:
Choice of sideline maybe? I don't think there is any.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.