• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Electronic Cigarette's... ramblings

Miles Monroe

The Owner's Favorite
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Amazingly, smoking or related subjects are not often found here. Smokin is a dirty habit, and I'm a smoker since the age of 12 saying it. I'm a product of my environment, growing up in a family of smokers. I've tried to quit more times then I care to remember, and just haven't been able to kick it. Patches, nic gum, nic candy, you name it. I know that I have to quit, as I'm fully aware of how it's effecting me.

I had tried an electronic cigarette some time back, but you had to draw so hard on it to get a good hit, your ass would practically pucker, so in the end it didn't help. Two years later, with all the advances in the E Cig industry I decided to look back into it. I have a number of customers that used one to quit. I started using a new, modern E Cig on 12 / 26. At that point, I was smoking about 2 1/2 packs a day. With flow control, and voltage adjustment possible, I'm down to a little less then a pack a day. May not sound like much, but going from about 50 smokes to 17 a day is a substantial drop. The difference this time is, no withdrawals. I'm using E Liquid that is much lower in nicotine that cigarette's, so my plan is working. Within the next week or two, I expect to be smoke free.

Quitting the E Cig should be easy. I've heard many say it's just like smoking. Having smoked most of my life, I haven't a clue what those folks were smokin. This vapor tastes like crap. I've tried a number of flavors, and I just don't get it. My customers stand at the end of the shop, and I can smell their vapor all the time. The stuff hangs in the air far longer then smoke. I tried a very highly rated liquid... over 200 hundred reviews, a cherry laced tobacco flavor. It was like sucking on an air freshener... I've had to go to the "Vape" store a couple of times, and it's sickening to be honest. The cloud of vapor is so thick, and with patrons at the "vape bar" using different flavors, I'm hoping I don't ever have to step into another supplier again.

What the real kicker is, these people think that what their doing is not offensive to others. The actually think there better then people that use tobacco. While at the counter on one of my visits, in passing I said to the kid behind the counter that I could never work in that environment. Guy sitting there get all pissy and says people like me don't get it. I turned and asked what it was I didn't get. He said that tobacco users like me haven't a clue how much more offensive smoke is. I told him that it was his opiinion, and I'd appreciate if he kept it to himself. Well, I guess he didn't like my tobacco usin reply, and got off his stool, stepped towards me spewing babble about my type. I turned to the kid behind the counter, thanked him for his help. I turned to the other guy, who was still on a roll, and told him to sit the f*** down, and shut the f*** up, or I was going to jam his E Cig up his ass. Stood lookin for a few seconds, then he sat down. As I was just opening the door, he passed another comment. I had had enough, and spun on my heel, and did a B Line back to him sitting with a look of shock now.

I asked him if he had the balls to say it again to my face...... nada. Then I asked him if he had the balls to walk outside with me, and at that point the kid working told me he didn't want any problems. I nodded in an affirmative manner, and as I turned to leave, the jack off figured it was a good time to blow a huge cloud of vapor right in my face. Before he knew what had happened, I smacked his E Cig from his hand, causing it to bounce across the store. I asked if he wanted to continue being an ass hat, and that's when I heard the kid working on the phone calling the police department. I looked at the kid, handed him a business card, and said I'd be out in the parkiing lot catching a smoke waiting for the cops. I looked at the ass hat, who was still standing back to the counter just staring at me and told him that if the cops did show up, he'd better plan on leaving with the cop, and I walked out. Stood just outside the doors having a smoke, then walked to the parking lot and waited. Saw the kid working there poke his head out to look for me. I lit another smoke... the kid came out to me and said the cops weren't coming so please just leave. I left....

I can normally let stuff like this go easily. Maybe I am having some withdrawals afterall LOL

I'm so glad I have no intent on vaping for long, I just don't get it. Maybe I'm just not cool enough....

I totally understand the hipster e-cig douchbaggery, Its rampant.

My Bro in law went about 10 months this year bragging that he had "Quit smoking" but really he just ingested the drug through a new medium. Today, he is back to a pack a day of the regular butts.

If you really do desire to stop, I cant say enough good things about Alan Carrs book..."The Easy way to stop smoking". It was suggested to me back in my ES days (not positive, but I seem to think it was TR1 who introduced me to the book actually).

In short, read that boom and you stop, and rather easily as the title suggests. Just read it and follow the instructions to the letter. Suddenly and instantly, you arent a smoker any more.

I have given or loaned this book out about 10 times now, including to my wife and 100% success for all.

Blowing big clouds is the modern equivalent of dick measuring contests. One where only the smallest dicks partake.

I totally understand the hipster e-cig douchbaggery, Its rampant.

My Bro in law went about 10 months this year bragging that he had "Quit smoking" but really he just ingested the drug through a new medium. Today, he is back to a pack a day of the regular butts.

If you really do desire to stop, I cant say enough good things about Alan Carrs book..."The Easy way to stop smoking". It was suggested to me back in my ES days (not positive, but I seem to think it was TR1 who introduced me to the book actually).

In short, read that boom and you stop, and rather easily as the title suggests. Just read it and follow the instructions to the letter. Suddenly and instantly, you arent a smoker any more.

I have given or loaned this book out about 10 times now, including to my wife and 100% success for all.

If I stumble, I will take your advice on the book.

its no better for you than smoking tobacco...just that they didn't know at first so they just were delusional enough to think "its just vapor". Well, it's not. When I was working doors at local breweries we had those kinds of guys there as well that were just jerks. they were outside so they figured they could vape anywhere they wanted. so, they'd all stand in a circle and see who could blow the most smoke. it was annoying and it would make the other customers angry. i used to love confronting them all and telling them, "i dont give a **** what rational you THINK you have. do it again, ill kick you out and you will never come back".

I also tend to believe I am getting to the older part of my life where I have no time for "these punk ass kids" who pretty much get on my nerves every day. when I was young if you talked shit to someone like you (Pete) you could expect that no matter the age difference you were going to probably get a smack upside the head for being stupid. now these kids hide behind keyboards and launch every vile name they can at you and your family knowing you wont be able to find them. or if you do that they'll call the cops. today's world is becoming very pussified and it saddens me.

It's funny, but my doctor told me to try the E Cig. I told him that nobody really knows just how harmful they really are. His reply was anything has to be better then smoking as much tobacco as I do. Just common sense tells me I'm inhaling steam for what it's worth. My battery pack has a small readout, and it tells you the temp of the coil or wattage. 10 watts gets my coil up to 350F. While the vapor is likely cooler when it hits your throat and lungs, that still pretty hot. Most folks I know are using 40 watt non adjustable batteries..... yikes !

Blowing big clouds is the modern equivalent of dick measuring contests. One where only the smallest dicks partake.

I think you nailed it.

There's been a few instances that have made the news, including two local incidents. One of the problems is what Mike touches on, people modifying the battery, or a battery system with no safeties. I'm no expert by any means, but haven't seen any rechargeable battery for vapor products that doesn't have the 5 on, 5 off. It takes 5 clicks of the button to turn the unit on. This is so it can not be turned on accidentally in a pocket or purse or whatever else somebody may carry it in. The ones I have dealt with also have a over heat shut down. Holding the button to vape, once it hits the max temp, it will shut down. If that circuit is disabled or not there to begin with, you have a potential bomb. Using the wrong charger can damage the batteries causing them to internally short, and blow up in a worst case situation. Just because the cord fits the receptacle doesn't mean it's the right charger.

Does this deter me, naw. I do so many dangerous things in a days time, what's one more risk..... really though, as with many products that people get injured with, it's more often then not the user that screwed up by misuse of the product. Ya, there are many questionable products out there. Look at the USB chargers you can pick up at the counter of most filling stations / convenient stores. Had a customer loose his charger on a trip, and picked up one of those at a 7-11. He plugged it into the power socket on his very new BMW, and when he started the bike, activating the power outlet, the USB charger made a loud pop, and gave a nice little puff of smoke. Had he been on any other bike besides high end BMW, it would have likely damaged the bike by the time the fuse would have popped.

Lastly, like everything else, with the internet more often then not, isolated or very few problems with a product are made out to be huge issues, like it's happening a lot every day. One person gets hurt, and that's an issue in my book. But when an industry sells 400K products, and 100 fail, it's not seen as an issue from a manufacturers stand point, they play the numbers game.

Side note: Day two smoke free in the books, and I haven't killed anybody yet......

Go Pete! Total support brother. :cheers:

I've never smoked, but my dad said he did when was young. He said one day he decided to quit and threw the pack cigarettes out of the window and never smoke again. I know this is rare and most people can't do what he did.

I had an uncle that smoked almost his entire life. His doctor told him regardless when you quit, the health benefits is immediate.

Best of luck to you my friend. Hope you kick the habit.

Day thirty pretty much done. Lord knows, I've come close a couple of times, but I haven't caved in. I think I'm feeling a bit healthier.... Now I gotta start backing off on the Ecig before I blow my face off....

Great job Pete.

I've used the vape myself. It worked for the most part, until I set it on top of my car by accident one morning and drove away.

I then had to make a decision of whether to buy another vape machine, the liquid, etc......or just drive to the store three blocks away and buy another pack of cigarettes.

Stay strong. Naps always helped me. Ice cream too. Good luck.

Go Pete. Any of you guys that smoke - quit for God's sake. My mom died at age 67 from lung cancer. My kids never had a grandmother beyond their first 10 years. This makes me sad every day. Quit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.