• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Expiring Contracts.

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
21 Player names ranked by their 2015 cap hits

Unrestricted free agents

NT Terrance Knighton $4 million
TE Logan Paulsen $2.1 million
RB Alfred Morris $1.6 million
FB Darrel Young $1.5 million
QB Colt McCoy $1.5 million
DL Kedric Golston $1.2 million
C Josh LeRibeus $864,081
QB Kirk Cousins $778,172
ILB Keenan Robinson $765,027
CB Will Blackmon $550,588
DE Frank Kearse $504,705
ILB Mason Foster $481,764
OLB Junior Galette $413,000
RB Pierre Thomas $175,294
TE Alex Smith $103,235
CB Cary Williams $54,300

Restricted free agents
S Duke Ihenacho $660,000
P Tress Way $510,000
ILB Will Compton $510,000

Exclusive rights
OL Tom Compton $660,000
RB Chris Thompson $585,000

NT Terrance Knighton - Bring him back on a 2 or 3 year deal
TE Logan Paulsen - Worth keeping for some depth at TE and a decent enough blocker
RB Alfred Morris - Would love to see him back, but not sure he fits what they're trying to do
FB Darrel Young - Underutilized and don't see why they would bring him back. Wish they would though
QB Colt McCoy - Not a bad backup and Gruden seems like him
DL Kedric Golston - Been around awhile, but think he's replaceable
C Josh LeRibeus - Don't think he'll be back
QB Kirk Cousins - Just a matter of how much and for how long. Would like to see a team friendly deal that we could get out of in case the Kirk of old shows up
ILB Keenan Robinson - Really good 2014, bust of 2015. Maybe a 1yr prove it deal? We could use some ILB depth
CB Will Blackmon - Nice find by McCloughan. Think he'll be back next year
DE Frank Kearse - Meh
ILB Mason Foster - Definitely bring him back
OLB Junior Galette - Hopefully he's back. He and Kerrigan could be a real nice combo
RB Pierre Thomas - Good down the stretch, but his age is getting up there and would rather hold onto Thompson
TE Alex Smith - Don't think he'll be back
CB Cary Williams - Maybe on a 1yr prove it type deal? Though not sure he's any good

Restricted free agents
S Duke Ihenacho - Can't seem to stay healthy, but the potential could be there.
P Tress Way - Best punter we've had in awhile. Bring him back!
ILB Will Compton - Definitely will be back

Exclusive rights
OL Tom Compton - Meh
RB Chris Thompson - When healthy, he's a nice speed threat out of the backfield

Unrestricted free agents

NT Terrance Knighton $4 million - 50/50, I think he could be replaced in the draft.
TE Logan Paulsen $2.1 million - keep him
RB Alfred Morris $1.6 million - dump him. RBs are a dime a dozen frankly
FB Darrel Young $1.5 million - 50/50
QB Colt McCoy $1.5 million -keep him on the cheap, good backup.
DL Kedric Golston $1.2 million - dump him. Old.
C Josh LeRibeus $864,081 - please find a replacement for this guy
QB Kirk Cousins $778,172 - dump him. Oh wait, keep him.
ILB Keenan Robinson $765,027 - dump him
CB Will Blackmon $550,588 - 50/50. hopefully replaced as a starter but could be a quality backup
DE Frank Kearse $504,705 - haven't paid attention
ILB Mason Foster $481,764 - haven't paid attention
OLB Junior Galette $413,000 - keep him cheap
RB Pierre Thomas $175,294 - I like him but he's probably gone. Too old.
TE Alex Smith $103,235 - dump him
CB Cary Williams $54,300 - dump him

Restricted free agents
S Duke Ihenacho $660,000 - dump him
P Tress Way $510,000 - keep him
ILB Will Compton $510,000 - keep him

Exclusive rights
OL Tom Compton $660,000 - dump him
RB Chris Thompson $585,000[/QUOTE] - 50/50, could probably be replaced/upgraded

RBs aren't really a dime a dozen. The other one we have is on the shelf hurt with fumbling issues. The Chargers haven't been able to find one since LT retired, and the Iggles have major issues as well. If you have a good one you should keep him.

Morris wasn't very good this year. Four seasons of incredible wear might mean he's done.

I'm not married to getting rid of him but he just came up short in a contract year. If he comes back he should be pretty cheap.

Morris and DY should run away from this place as fast as they can.

Outside of Knighton & Cousins, these guys are mostly on the cheap to keep list at least as backups or into camp. Depends on any possible FA additions and the draft who stays and who does not.

2016 cap space is currently estimated @ about $6.5M which is pretty low. However that includes $16M to RGIII and $3M (cap savings after dead money) for Andre Roberts. That pushes the space to $25M. And they could extend Garceon and DeSean to make a bit more space. They represent about 12% of the total team cap for 2016 so working out new deals for these two makes sense as far as adding room to the cap. Redskins should be able to construct a contract with Kirk that would hit the cap for 2016 for less than Griffins current $16M.

I spoke to some other Skins fans that seem dismissive of Foster, Blackmon and others we brought in for 2015.

I don't see any reason we don't bring back ALL or at least most of these players on 'make it' contracts for 2016.

To me Mason Foster is at best a candidate for the second ILB job and at worst a top backup off the bench at age 27.

Blackmon is 31 and people are criticizing him for getting beaten in several games down the field.

But I am not nominating Blackmon for a #1 starting corner job where he has to cover the Dez Bryants and Beckhams of the word.

I am looking at Blackmon to come in and compete for a job, including the nickel corner job. With Hall moving to safety and no real veteran experience in the backfield at that spot, Blackmon could fill that role in 2016.

The other thing to keep in mind about Blackmon is his penchant for forcing turnovers. He helped save the game against Dallas with 2 turnover plays and was ball-hawking against the Eagles and Bills as well.

I spoke to some other Skins fans that seem dismissive of Foster, Blackmon and others we brought in for 2015.

I don't see any reason we don't bring back ALL or at least most of these players on 'make it' contracts for 2016.

To me Mason Foster is at best a candidate for the second ILB job and at worst a top backup off the bench at age 27.

Blackmon is 31 and people are criticizing him for getting beaten in several games down the field.

But I am not nominating Blackmon for a #1 starting corner job where he has to cover the Dez Bryants and Beckhams of the word.

I am looking at Blackmon to come in and compete for a job, including the nickel corner job. With Hall moving to safety and no real veteran experience in the backfield at that spot, Blackmon could fill that role in 2016.

The other thing to keep in mind about Blackmon is his penchant for forcing turnovers. He helped save the game against Dallas with 2 turnover plays and was ball-hawking against the Eagles and Bills as well.

What is your feeling on Culliver's future ?
I know he's not a free agent, but I'm not completely sold on keeping him, or starting him.

I haven't read the cap implications in re Culliver's potential release, but I do know that Scot McCloughan helped draft him and brought him here last year so I would think he is going to get a chance to come back and compete for a spot.

That said, I do think the Redskins should be looking to draft a cornerback at #21 to bring along and eventually join Breeland as a starter.

Culliver isn't going anywhere in 2016. He hits the cap @ $9.25M but carries $11.75M in dead money. Getting a trade would be pretty tough considering how little he played in 2015 and is coming off the ACL/MCL injury.

He also dropped an INT with under 2 min's to go in the first game with Dallas. Not saying you are wrong but he is inconsistent and disappears at the wrong time. Maybe those get noticed more than the 'good' Blackmon but going into his 10th season just don't expect any more of him than you see now.

Last edited:
I have a bombshell coming tomorrow as BBQ releases the first free agency and mocks offseason edition. And I mean a bombshell.

Speculative bombshell or source-based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am gonna go ahead and call, the official release of Griffin, and extension for Garcon and Jackson...both.

I wouldn't call those bombshells, but that's just me. Foregone conclusion and mild surprise, yeah....

I wouldn't call those bombshells, but that's just me. Foregone conclusion and mild surprise, yeah....

I don't think I like your tone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.