• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Source: Blache, Gray tell Zorn they didn't interview for Skin's job

Lanky Livingston

This is all a sign of how bad things have gotten inside Redskins park - can you imagine this kind of deceit even being considered true inside the Patriots or Steelers camps? The only thing I can think of coming even close was the Eagles $3M incident with Brian Westbrook a couple years ago. Just pathetic, if you ask me.

Mike Shanahan may indeed become the next head coach of the Washington Redskins, but the question is has the organization adequately considered minority candidates as required thus far?

This could obviously depend on whether the Redskins' interview process is done.

Currently, there are a lot of conflicting reports about the Redskins' internal interviewing practices in regards to their not-so-vacant head coaching position.

The question is, is this by design?

“I can’t say for sure, but something definitely is fishy around here based on what I know,” said a well-placed source within the Redskins organization told FOX31’s Josina Anderson on Sunday.

This source had a lot to say, on many different fronts.

Before breaking down the inside chatter behind the walls at Redskins Park, it’s important to once again shine a spotlight on the NFL’s Rooney Rule which was established in 2003. This rule mandates teams in the league interview at least one minority candidate for head coaching and senior operations opportunities in an effort to address it’s once dismal record of neglecting such qualified persons.

With that being said, let’s begin to answer the leading question.

Since the Denver Post reported last Thursday that Shanahan appears headed to the Redskins to become their new head coach, two reports have been posted about internal minority candidates interviewing for this position.

Presumably.

An initial report by ProFootballTalk.com which said Redskins defensive coordinator Greg Blache, an African American, interviewed for this still-occupied position is currently being refuted by the Washington Post’s new report which alternately says Redskins secondary coach, Jerry Gray, also an African American, is actually the one who discussed the opening with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder.

However...

Sunday a source told Fox31 that not only has all the aforementioned information been denied by said coaches within their own walls, the reports themselves are causing ruffled feathers within the ranks in Ashburn, Virginia.

“First of all when that story came out, some of the coaches around here were saying that (Jim) Zorn (Redskins current head coach) was pissed. I know that Greg (Blache) went to Jim and told him it wasn’t true,” said the inside source to Anderson.

Click link for the rest...

More interesting quotes from the article:

“There is a lot of mess going on around here that is starting to come to a head. The only reason, in my opinion, that we’re in this position is because Clinton and Dan (Snyder) are tight. I’m telling you, Portis is holding everybody hostage,” opined the same source.

While adamantly alleging that Portis’ leveraging of his relationship with Snyder is corroding the organization from within, the source made sure to emphasize that Portis is never overtly insubordinate in doing so, per their observation.

“I don’t doubt that Portis was raised right. You can tell he has sense in that manner.”

However, there is a palpable overflow of frustration over Portis seemingly operating by a different set of rules. To the source, the double standard is crippling the Redskins organization.

This either means Portis is gone, or he isn't going anywhere. But if he was "corroding the organization from within," I'm sure Allen will deal with it. I hope, anyway.

Now this I can believe:

“Clinton is not a disrespectful young man, but the bottom line is he reported out of shape. Too often he would be trying to get out of practicing because he knows he doesn’t have to. He’s Dan’s boy. I’m telling you yeah, he’s holding the franchise hostage because we knew as a staff we had to play him even when he wasn’t playing well. You got the offensive line blocking their (edit) off, and (Portis) is making these bad (edit) reads. I remember overhearing one of the offensive lineman begging during the game for (Ladell) Betts to be put in when they saw (Portis) screwing up.

Especially after CP made a habit of throwing the OL under the bus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.