• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Making A Murderer. No spoilers until 1/30/2016

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Has everyone seen this on Netflix yet?

If you liked Breaking Bad or Narcos, you'll probably like this one as well.

It's absolutely nuts. Must see!

It's a fairly slow production yet keeps you interested.

The first episode is slow.....but then it gets crazy. Especially episodes 3-6. Just an insane story.

That's not a stupid question at all.

It's a true story. It's just so wild that it's hard to believe it could possibly be real.

I watched the first 2 episodes and said, "**** it!" and went straight to the last episode. The I realized, I missed too much to understand how the heck they got there! Been meaning to go back and watch the meat and potatoes episode you were talking about, 3-6.

I've watched all ten episodes. I didn't base my characterization of it being fairly slow on just the first episode.

NWA said it best about police and authority.

I believe he did it as well, but I also believe that the entire process he went through was corrupt and way beyond actual justice.

I am way late to the party, but this is a pretty incredible series. And 'he did it'? I think that's a pretty easy drive by - did you actually watch the entire series Brian? Maybe he did - but if he did, he's the most incredibly stupid criminal in the history of stupid criminals. The almost complete lack of forensic evidence placing the victim at the location of the *supposed* site of the crime (the one they put his nephew Brendan in prison for) alone seriously calls the truth into question. Some of the other obviously questionable police work - that the Manitowoc Sheriff's department was even involved in the investigation (while being sued by the accused), the victim's car being found within 10 minutes of a search of a 40 acre lot with thousands of junked cars by a novice searcher, key damning evidence suddenly 'showing up' in Avery's bedroom only after said humiliated Sheriff himself conducts a search - I could go on and on.

Just the body language and tone of the 'law enforcement officers' who testified is alone enough to make me question their integrity.

And that the judge acknowledged that the 16 year old's 'confession' was obtained under duress and without the presence of legal representation - but still allowed the confession in as evidence - that judge should be impeached.

If you ever want to be disgusted with our honorable criminal justice system - watch this series.

I am way late to the party, but this is a pretty incredible series. And 'he did it'? I think that's a pretty easy drive by - did you actually watch the entire series Brian? Maybe he did - but if he did, he's the most incredibly stupid criminal in the history of stupid criminals. The almost complete lack of forensic evidence placing the victim at the location of the *supposed* site of the crime (the one they put his nephew Brendan in prison for) alone seriously calls the truth into question. Some of the other obviously questionable police work - that the Manitowoc Sheriff's department was even involved in the investigation (while being sued by the accused), the victim's car being found within 10 minutes of a search of a 40 acre lot with thousands of junked cars by a novice searcher, key damning evidence suddenly 'showing up' in Avery's bedroom only after said humiliated Sheriff himself conducts a search - I could go on and on.

Just the body language and tone of the 'law enforcement officers' who testified is alone enough to make me question their integrity.

And that the judge acknowledged that the 16 year old's 'confession' was obtained under duress and without the presence of legal representation - but still allowed the confession in as evidence - that judge should be impeached.

If you ever want to be disgusted with our honorable criminal justice system - watch this series.

I think he was part of it, yes. We watched it all. I get your point, but almost 20 years in prison will turn a man into a criminal. As for stupid? Haha! Did you watch the whole series? ;)

As for the kid...well, I will state he was stupid and the authorities were overly zealous, taking advantage of the boy's lack of intelligence.

It's an amazing series.

It's like the entire cast on both sides was from Honey Boo Boo.

*Note to self* Never kill anyone, and never get arrested in Manitowoc for any reason. Don't even speed through there.

And Boone, if you liked this series....you need to watch Narcos immediately.

Like this, there's only one season out so far. So it won't take forever to watch. Turn it on, and say goodbye to your weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.