• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO MVPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Tis the time of the year for some well-deserved 'Thank You's'!

We have an amazing site and community here - and everyone who shows up here on a daily and weekly basis is a big part of it. But there are a few who have gone above and beyond in 2015 and we really want you to know how much we appreciate it.

Burgundy Burner. Ken is a core guy here as everyone knows. He did an amazing job helping manage our social media sites this past year. But it's his BBQ - Burner's Burning Questions blog that really stands out. Whether it's his weekly game grades, or his unbelievably thorough and well-researched draft and free agency work, BB is one of the guys who keeps this place humming with amazing content. Thank you!

McD5. Mike, in addition to making sure there is never a dull moment here with his...ummm....thought-provoking regular posts, ran our BGO Survivor League this year. Thanks for not only running the league, but for the weekly write-ups, updates, and reminders to the slackers who forgot to make their game pick for the week. Thank you!

Servumtuum. Robert quietly and consistently contributes to BGO every single week. Not only is he an amazing poster here (and one of our brightest, cerebral, and intelligent members), but he regales us weekly during the season with his Redskins Recon blog. I came up with the idea for Redskins Recon a couple of years ago, but was concerned as to whether I could manage it, and was also looking for another voice to write it. Robert stepped up and it continues to be one of our best, and most widely-read, features. Thank you!

Neophyte. Yeah, I know. Bob is one of our 3 BGO Owners. He's supposed to contribute. And he does. But he also manages one of our most time-consuming and labor intensive features, our Blognostications in-season game prediction feature. Coordinating weekly blog write-ups with 16 different members is no small task. Blognostications is another of our popular and unique features. Thank you!

Shi No Tenshi. Jestin graciously, fairly, and energetically runs our BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League which grew to 3 Leagues this year. Serving as Commissioner for a FF League is sort of a thankless job, but he has done a fantastic job and we so appreciate it. Thank you!

Miles Monroe. Pete manages our Video Library for us and has done a great job with it. He has also contributed tirelessly and continuously to updating our amazing rotating home page banner that now has over 1100 amazing Redskins-related images, as well as providing numerous other beautiful site graphics on request. Thank you!

Elephant. Brian continues to share his unbelievable game images with us here throughout the season, which we sincerely appreciate. Some of his fantastic shots have made their way into our banner image library so they can be enjoyed in perpetuity. Thank you!

Om. Mark - without your help and friendship, I would never have continued to make this site a daily priority. For me, it's always been the people you surround yourself with who make any pursuit worth the time and energy. Special thanks to you for being not only a partner here, but my best friend.

Special K, CounterTrey, Henry, LoyalSkinFan, Miles Monroe. Katie, Tom, Henry, Bruce, and Pete - thanks for being the best, and least visible and kind moderators in the web-o-sphere. The biggest tribute to our moderating staff is that they are nearly unnoticeable. And that's due not only to our great members, but to the fair, courteous, and respectful way our mods manage things.

I hope I have not forgotten anyone - but the bottom line is, a messageboard community is really only as meaningful as the sum of its members. Without the wonderful people - all of you - who make this your Redskins fan home, this site would not be the amazing place it is.

Thanks BGO!

Yes, you forgot someone. The same guy you usually forget.

Boone. John is magic. He does more than anyone here will ever know except for Mark and me (and some days more than we know to). Frankly, if it were not for John this joint likely would have been gone long ago. He is the invisible glue behind the scenes and does so much of the daily grunt labor that is the least glamorous of the work that makes a place like this function. Besides that, he is just one of the most awesome guys going. Anywhere.

Idk about that Special K poster....heard there's a lot of crazy there.

Thanks Bob - I appreciate that brother :cheers:

Nice job all, appreciate the work and providing a place for the fan base that doesn't need to be right all the time and allowing some elbow room for those who insist they are.

Thanks for all your hard work to make every Sunday that much better for me.

I don't know what to say about my mention other than it is humbling. Thanks.

Everyone at BGO makes it great. So thanks for the best Redskins forum around. You make it fun.

2015 has definitely been a feel-good season for us as fans. We've been pleasantly surprised and encouraged by the men wearing our colours. It's pretty hard not to be happy right now if you're a Redskins fan.

What is important to note; however, is that even in the depths of those horrible 4-12 type seasons that we've experienced too often in recent memory, it is this very website that makes Redskins fandom bearable.

The people here are top notch fans and people who deserve to be rewarded for their loyalty.

Thank you to all for sharing with me in the highs and lows of this franchise's existence.

I just wanted to add one more entry here and it is for McD5. There are a few times when I may not agree with his analysis or observations, but he sticks to it. He also provides stats and information to back up those claims. On more than one occasion I have changed my mind because of his insights. There are other times when nothing changes for me and it is no big deal.

However, he is passionate and cares deeply about this team. That's a fan who I value as a key member here. Without Mike around we wouldn't take a look at certain situations from a different viewpoint or angle. Thanks!

Everyone is special here. Honestly, I always hated those 'my favorite poster' threads on other sites because folks are bound to be left out. This thread is intended to thank those that took on special thankless and labor intensive site work out of the goodness of their hearts. It's not about favorite posters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.