• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Report: Snyder offered job to Shanahan in March

BGO

As the momentum continues to build between the Redskins and Mike Shanahan, Jay Glazer of FOX reports that owner Daniel Snyder initially offered the job to Shanahan in March 2009.In response, Shanahan told Snyder that he needs to give coach...

More...

It would be something if, like the last time we had a head coaching vacancy, Snyder's attempted pulling of the puppet strings left him empty-handed with egg on his face. Shanahan going to the Cowboys would be a double-whammy for the Redskins, since there will be intense competition for any remaining quality candidates if Shanahan doesn't work out, and because it'll leave our arch-enemy in much more capable hands.

Here's the thing about Dallas.....

If Shanahan goes there, would he be the GM?
Jerry is the GM there, I would expect some headbutting between the two.

Meh, it's ProFootballSchlock. Ever since Donovan "supposedly" called Florio, they want to spew more poo about the Skins. I don't buy a word of it.

thanks for the detail, anne. what has bruce allen gotten himself into?

I see your point about PFT and tend to agree. However, in Florio’s defense, what I believe he did was report what Jay Glazer reported during the Fox pregame show this morning. (I know, journalistic integrity at its finest.) I can’t recall exactly what Jay Glazer said, but I know for a fact that he reported that Snyder asked John Lynch about Shanahan right in front of Zorn. Dan T. at ES pretty much nailed it:

I completely beleive this. It sounds like the danny. It's just the way he is, meaning a complete douche

See another example

http://www.bgobsession.com/showthread.php?t=6829&highlight=douchebaggery+snyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.