• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who sits, who plays in Week 17 ?

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
Don't think the Skins have had this luxury of locking up the division prior to Week 17, in a very very long time.
So, it begs the question, who sits, and who plays vs Dallas ?

I say, sit :

Cousins
Williams
Jackson
Reed
Kerrigan

maybe more ?

Play :

Colt ! Undefeated vs Dallas, anyway !

Last edited:
I think they all play unless the game becomes a blowout

Yeah, Trent Williams and Desean Jackson can sit, but it'd be unfortunate to stop momentum now. A win in Dallas will do even more to boost confidence. We're gonna need everything advantage we can get going into a playoff game with Seattle who is hitting on all cylinders right now.

I'd rather they play if healthy. Not crazy about putting Kirk out there if Trent sits, though.

Who plays vs Dallas ?

I say, sit :

Cousins
Williams
Jackson
Kerrigan

maybe more ?

Play :

Colt ! Undefeated vs Dallas, anyway !

Don't you mean "Dr. McCoy"? Not sure Spock would think that logical. ::grin::

On a more serious note... definitely Trent if he's banged up at all from his injury...but I don't think you sit starters just for the sake of sitting them to "rest". That can serve a negative purpose in that it can take away some momentum. Winners are "itching" to play... and these guys WANT to play.

Now if the game gets out of hand (and I mean we are blowing Dallas out)... then okay, pull some starters THEN. But I don't think you go to Dallas knowing you are going to sit the players that got you where you are.

Just my two cents.

You're healthy, you play..... This game means nothing, which makes me want to beat the shlitz out of Dallas eve more. We're rolling, don't take the foot off the gas..... make a statement !

I would never have imagined we'd have this thread/convo going in late Dec. this year!

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play everyone a little. Maybe a quarter or a half, just to stay warm.

Sit anyone who's nursing an injury.

Start game-planning for Seattle yesterday.

I agree that I think they should play. I like that we're rolling at the mo.

3 victories in a row when they all said we couldn't win back to back.
2 wins on the road.
1 win in Primetime
The more this team play together the better it seems to get.

On the flip side...

Reed is playing like a beast but does traditionally have a concussion history...
DJax always seems a step away from pulling another hamstring or something...
I still have nightmares of RGIII going down in that crucial game and I fear something happening to Cousins...

I would not be displeased if they rested some key starters. Hatcher for instance, he could do with some recovery time. THose players dealing with ailments I'd be happy if they left them out to give them a week more to heal up.

That said I also would very much like to finish the season with a winning 9-7 record rather than an 8-8 break even record.
And I also don't want to lose any momentum that this team currently has by continuity and playing together. I don't want to go into the Seattle game (as I'm assuming that's who we'll get) with any rust.

If healthy they should play. Treat it like a must win.

A quarter will do, as long as Trent is in to cover Kirks. I consider this season a 9-6 regardless of next week. We'd beat them if we had too. I love me some Dallas ass beating but you have to make the playoffs the priority. We've beat Dallas already by winning the division. :) Trust me when I say down hear having us win the Division is far worse than losing to us in regular season.

Trent Williams and DeSean Jackson I agree with.

Goldson with cracked ribs I think could use the 2 weeks off as well.

Another guy that could use the time is Jason Hatcher who has been spotted time in and out of the lineup the past couple of weeks.

Those guys are 'injured'.

The team may chose to spot guys like Jordan Reed, Morgan Moses, Bashaud Breeland and some others that have some dings or are guys that the team simply has to have for the playoffs.

Rest guys who are dinged up. Also rest #Beast#86 and Desean.
Play the first half like a normal game. Then start sitting guys in the 2nd half. Colt can beat Dallas.
JMO.

Rest guys who are dinged up.

Yes, the slightest ache.
If they're tummy hurts or they have a hang nail or paper cut, they take the game off.

And back on the subject of prepping for our playoff opponent, Minny and Seattle did in fact swap positions last night, after Minny beat the Giants.
So Minny is currently the 5th seed, which matches them with us.
If Minny wins the division next week, the Packers could be our opponent.

I don't think the Seattle matchup is set in stone yet, is it ?

Apparently not.

I'm personally hoping for a Minnesota win next week. I think a banged-up, slumping Green Bay would be our best draw.

Yes, the slightest ache.
If they're tummy hurts or they have a hang nail or paper cut, they take the game off.

And back on the subject of prepping for our playoff opponent, Minny and Seattle did in fact swap positions last night, after Minny beat the Giants.
So Minny is currently the 5th seed, which matches them with us.
If Minny wins the division next week, the Packers could be our opponent.

Apparently not.

I'm personally hoping for a Minnesota win next week. I think a banged-up, slumping Green Bay would be our best draw.

That would not be good for Knight in the UK if memory serves. But yes, probably good for the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.