• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon - The Eagles: Not Flying So High

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
I have not in the entire time I have been doing Redskins Recon ever seen the Eagles' fans like this.

They are depressed, despondent, not very fond of Chip Kelly right at the moment and, most unusual of all, not at all confident about winning the game against the Skins this weekend.

It's weird. There is a level of respect from a normally dismissive, contemptuous, degrading fanbase that I'm not used to seeing.

Oh, there's the normal posting of cute hater nicknames lke "Foreskins", Deadskins, and the like but what they're saying in the comments isn't brimming with the arrogant confidence I have gotten

used to seeing from this bunch. A few optimists of course predict a Philly win, but the rest...

Makes for a strange feeling, at least to me, when you read the comments.

FletcherCoxfan

we might have a chance if Bill Davis is able to scheme a full game and Chip is willing to alter his thinking this is the NFL not college

Eaglesoldtimer

I have no doubt that the Eagles will beat the Skins, and the Vikings will beat the Giants. The weird one to figure out is the following week, Dallas/Washington. It sure would be nice not to have to beat the Giants in the finale - rest for Peters, Ryans, and the DBs.

IronEagle

The pitchforks and torches will be out if DJacc torches the Eagles

DEERSPINE GUY

YOU KNOW HE WILL. WHO'S GONNA RUN WITH HIM? NO ONE CAN KEEP UP WITH HIM DEEP. COULD GET UGLY.

Ellworth

I hate his offense. I truly hate watching it, esp when it's getting its dick kicked in by a physical team like Arizona.

The receivers were absolutely bitch slapped the entire night.

Stings the nostrils. Pretty sure it'll all be over soon.

Big Little

The Foreskins are not as good as this bored makes them out to be

If Rex wasn't such a ****ing dumb ass they would have won that game yesterday!!

How do you not get Watkins involved early, often, and always!?!??!

Ellsworth

The Eagles aren't that good either, unfortunately. And I think the D is running on fumes.

Maybe they'll nut up, maybe not. If they do somehow win the division and get Seattle in first game it might be a tough watch.

Big Little

Oh no the Eagles are definitely not good, but I can't stomach watching the ****ing Foreskins winning this division.

It's just not right

Ellsworth

When you lose three straight to complete disgraces like Miami, TB, and Detroit you deserve to see a team like Washington take the division.

Blick12

I don't think it is arguably the biggest game, it undoubtedly is. Obviously, if the Eagles win then week 17 becomes to the biggest game, but this is a must win.

Fans on this board are laughably pathetic though. Rooting for a pick that would be like 5 picks better instead of your team in the playoffs. Even if the Eagles get stomped in the first round, it is better than having to watch the Redskins or Giants play in the playoffs.

Rock-Stark

Lets say Rowe and Maxwell are out, do we just leave Thurmond deep the whole game? There is no way we leave Biggers or Watkins on D-Jax 1 on 1, he will kill us.

Jeezla

I'm predicting Sam Bradford is handily outplayed by Cousins

TheRealMcCoy

The way Bradford is playing he will not be our downfall. Our shoddy o-line, stalling running game, and anemic defense will be.

nephillymike

We are who we thought we were, a much lesser team than Arizona.

That doesn't change the fact that we have a divisional foe, who everyone and their mother thought was inferior to us and quite frankly, better be shown to be inferior to us Saturday night.

Win that game, and we can talk about the playoff possibilities.

Lose that game and we face harsher realities than ever pondered.

We need this team to win, if for no other reason that we cannot get into Phillies, Flyers and Sixers mode yet.

We need to beat the Washington Redskins for at home crissakes. We are fortunate to be in that position. 75% of the NFL would take advantage of that. We need to be as good as 75% of the NFL to have the right to think of the playoffs for another week.

Let's kick the Redskins Ass Saturday Night!!!

mcnabbulous

If we can't beat Was at home, we are in much worse shape than I thought.

Zero

I have no idea what you guys are watching, but Washington looks like a more complete team than the Eagles from what I'm seeing.

Our OL has morphed from a strength two years ago to a total liability now. The DL could be dominant but is inconsistent. The WRs are a #2, three #4s and a rookie who's playing like a bust. The LBs have talent but are inconsistent and the DBs are unreliable. The RBs are good enough but without an OL opening holes they're a non-factor and the TEs are good enough but without WRs or a running game can be contained. Bradford is starting to get there, but nobody knows if he'll either have the weapons to take the next step or if he'll even want to come back. There is no depth.

The offense needs players and the defense needs a new coach. I have no confidence this team can beat anyone on a given Sunday and when they do I wonder if they won or if the other team lost. A season that started with hope is ending with depression. This is a hard to team to be excited about.

Phits

Add to that the fact that Cousins is playing good football. He's a much more accurate passer than he is given credit for. Since getting trounced by the Pats in Wk 9 he's completed 75% of his passes 12 TD's - 2 INT . WAS has taken advantage of mediocre opponents, like we should have done vs TB and DET, and have gone 4-2 down the stretch (including a stinker in Carolina).

We might want to point at them and laugh, but we are in no position to do so. They are a divisional opponent and that generally means a close/tight game. With our QB's Jekyll & Hyde persona and his propensity for throwing bone headed INT's this game has disaster written all over it.

mcnabbulous

They look more competent in Washington, but they've continued to be bad on the road.

That's really our only hope in this one.

RBrown86

I'm rooting for the playoffs, I don't care if we get smacked in round 1/ lose a couple spots in the draft

Anyone who isn't rooting for us to beat the freakin Deadskins or Vagiants doesn't truly bleed green, c'mon bros

With that said, I hope we destroy DeSean on Sunday

I ran into something I haven't seen before-an anonymous fan forum on an Eagles fan site. Comments are posted without names, IDs, or anything else. Just the comments.

Weird, but some of the comments were good so I included them.

Do The Eagles Win Out to Win the Division?

Well, they would be idiots to strut around like they're hot shit when they're sitting at 7-7, heading on the road to face a division opponent whom they needed a last second comeback to beat in their first meeting.

As for the rushing defense, let's not pretend they've been getting gouged all year long. They completely shut down the Jets (47 yards) and held the Saints, Giants, and Dolphins to under 100 yards rushing. They held four other teams to under 110 yards rushing. They were torched by superior teams in Carolina and Arizona and an inferior team in Tampa Bay. Buffalo ran well in the first half and was then shut down in the second.

They gave up one long run against Washington. Otherwise, they mostly held their ground game in check. However, they couldn't do much of anything to stop Cousins, especially when it mattered most. Considering that the Eagles may be down to their 4th and 5th string cornerbacks, if Washington comes out running instead of passing and loses this game, Gruden should be fired immediately after the final snap.

Cousins is pedestrian on the road, but TBF, they've had to face the Giants (TNF), Jets, Pats, Panthers, Falcons (while they were undefeated) and Bears. The Bears game he looked really good, aside from a comeback from the Bears.

I think Washington will gameplan to run a lot, wear down the defense, balance the attack and take shots here and there with Desean (speaking of Desean, you could tell the difference in his play as of late - his cuts are sharp, and he looks like he's bought in to the offense - he really looks like a different receiver). Reed is a dangerous target, Garcon makes tough catches, and their offensive line has been playing well as of late. They're not as good as Arizona, but it's not like the Eagles have shown the ability all year to stop the run. And they can jump out to a quick lead. If they do that, and the crowd gets restless, it could get ugly.

The thing I'm reading down here, though, is that none of Washington's players are sniffing themselves - they've got a mentality that this is going to be a tough, brutal game and are preparing accordingly.

DC's not a top team. That said, they're got confidence, Cousins is playing quite well, and their defense is strong enough to keep teams out of the end zone. Plus, they are a physical bunch. Meanwhile, Mychal Kendricks comes out and says "We got something for Washington" mere minutes after getting throttled on national TV by the Cards.

It's going to be a slugfest if the Eagles show up. I'm getting flashbacks of last year, when they got beat by Seattle, looking ahead to a Cowboys team they thought they could beat, and got outclassed for 3 quarters. When you add how some players (LJ for example) feel about playing in front of the home crowd, it could unravel if they don't come prepared.

I'm not so sure about DC but I have them [Eagles] losing to the Giants in the finale. DC beats Dallas and makes the postseason regardless.

OBJr's suspension is for a week and I'm sure he's going to come back eager to get some football in, he'll ruin Philly.

I have never seen the Eagles fanbase so depressed about playing the Redskins at home. :untroubled:

More...

This one would be as sweet a win in Philly as I can recall going back to Gibbs taking down Buddy Ryan's mouthy squad in 1986. :)

Of course Sean Taylor soaring into the end zone to seal the deal in 2005 was pretty righteous as well.

Last edited:
I like..(paraphrase) we've played so bad that a team like Washington deserves to win the division.

Man I hope they grovel around in the basement for a while.

Thanks Serv

Thanks Serv!

Redskins might be wearing a different uniform for Sat. night....

upland.jpg

Cause we're going bird huntin' !

From watching several Eagles' games this year what I have noticed:

1. Sam Bradford is a bad fit for this offense. DeMarco Murray is a bad fit for this offense. If Chip Kelly were not so arrogant, he would change his system to take advantage of two players that do have strong talent. As long as he fails to adapt to the talent HE BROUGHT IN, the Eagles are not going to be contenders.

2. The Eagles pass defense is atrocious. Yes, they spent mega-dollars on Byron Maxwell but he was never the straw that stirred the drink in Seattle. The Eagles were buying high on a player who benefited from playing with three pro bowlers in Thomas, Chancellor and Sherman.

3. The Kelly speed it up offense ultimately hurts the Eagles on both offense and defense. A hurry up offense has led to turnovers and penalties which has killed drives. A lot of quick three and out possessions has really put the pressure on the Eagles' defense to play 60 plus snaps. In other words, the Eagles are often their own worst enemy.

4. The Eagles having a home game is a double-edged sword. Yes, the fans can get energized if the team is playing well, but if they start to make mistakes and fall behind the boo-birds come out very quickly and the crowd turns on the Eagles, which only ratchets up the pressure on the players on the field.

I appreciate the kind remarks. I must admit that after years of reading the nasty hater insults and disrespect, it was nice seeing a fanbase that I admittedly do not respect very much be humbled.

Bulldog's Twin;312785... Yes, the fans can get energized if the team is playing well, but if they start to make mistakes and fall behind the boo-birds come out very quickly and the crowd turns on the Eagles, which only ratchets up the pressure on the players on the field.

Uh...something Redskins fans are not totally unfamiliar with seeing.:rolleyes-new:

Such a colorful lot on that bored (sic).

Uh...something Redskins fans are not totally unfamiliar with seeing.:rolleyes-new:

Yeah, but Eagles fans do it better than anyone. :)

Redskin fans ... we'll just leave if the team plays like crap. Eagle fans will stick around just to boo and throw stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.