• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Reviews (SPOILER EMBARGO UNTIL 12/21)

If you like Star Wars, I'd recommend checking out the "Collider Jedi Council" show on YouTube... It's basically 4 nerds sitting around and discussing all the latest developments in the Star Wars Universe for an hour every week. BTW, Mark Ellis (Mark-2-D2) is from this area... He is a comedian and he loves the Redskins. Kristian Harloff (Darth Harloff) runs the show. Mark & Kristian started "SchmoesKnow" on YouTube. John Campea (Obi-John Kenobi) basically runs Collider and usually has a different opinion from the other two. There is also Tiffany Smith (The Smith Lord) and then there are a few subs who do really well too. The show is just a very sweaty nerd talk format, but has high production quality (like all Collider stuff). They don't go into spoilers without saying anything, and since they were all invited to the premier they have good information and guests. For instance, they had Freddy Prinze Jr (voice of Kanan on Star Wars Rebels), Dave Filoni (creator of Star Wars Rebels), and they also had the author of the book "Lost Stars" on... I heard they were trying to get John Boyega to come on the show (apparently, he is fan of Jedi Council).

Here is the playlist for the last 30 episodes of Jedi Council

A New Hope and the Cloud City beating make it very clear that Luke is a noob when it comes to lightsaber dueling with an experienced Dark Jedi (which we can assume Ren is).

Darth Vader (aka LORD Vader) was a Sith Lord, not a Dark Jedi. I don't think it's an accident that Snoke tells Hux to fetch Kylo Ren so that "he can complete his training..." Yoda tells Luke the very same thing before he goes off to get his arse kicked by Vader. If anything, Kylo Ren is the Luke Skywalker of this trilogy, but maybe his journey is from Dark to Light (maybe he becomes good by episode IX). Kylo is only 9 years older than Rey, so he is still young and far from a master... There is definitely some connection between Ben/Ren & Rey... He knows her & maybe he was also pulling his punches during the fight. I don't think he wanted to kill her at any point in the movie. Maybe he is the one who dropped her off on Jakku. I don't think he is related to her directly though. He is far too young to be her father, and I think Han/Leia would know if they had another child.

We don't really know what Rey is... Maz Kanata asks, "Who's the girl?" That's never really answered... We know the lightsaber calls to her and there is some force drawing her to Luke Skywalker, but that doesn't mean she is a Skywalker. I think it's pretty clear that Rey is connected to the Skywalker's somehow... It doesn't appear to be Han/Leia... If it's Luke, then who is the mother?

You see? None of these questions were asked at the end of Episode IV... Gotta give this trilogy a chance. It draws inspiration from the original trilogy, but it isn't a copy of it.

So is there any chance that Rey could be OB1's?

So is there any chance that Rey could be OB1's?

That's one of the theories (a great-granddaughter)... Obviously, since Obiwan has been dead for 30 years, it's not his own daughter. :) I've heard it could be Luke & a granddaughter of Obiwan who could be the parents (not really excited about this theory).

Here is a really interesting quote from Colin Trevorrow (Director of Jurassic World & the upcoming episode IX):

“We’re going to make sure that [the] answer is deeply and profoundly satisfying,” promised Trevorrow, whose film is due to arrive in cinemas in May 2019, two years after Rian Johnson’s Episode VIII. “Rey is a character that is important in this universe, not just in the context of The Force Awakens, but in the entire galaxy,” he continued. “She deserves it. We’ll make sure that that answer is something that feels like it was something that happened a long time ago, far away, and we’re just telling you what happened.”

It's quite interesting to read between the lines...

Here is a good introduction from "SchmoesKnow" (Harloff & Redskins fan Mark Ellis) about "Rogue One: A Star Wars Anthology"... Link It's only like 8 minutes.

Collider Jedi Council was pretty good this weekend too. Here is the link: Link However, that show isn't for the casual nerd... It's usually about an hour+...

That bit on SNL was pretty funny... Adam Driver is good in this role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.