• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

You need the pieces to be successfull

stevenaa

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Just when I think I've cashed out of the emotional rollercoaster ride that has been our 'Skins for the last decade, I'm sucked right back in. Happily, I might add. :) I'm intrigued that the Dan actually officially named Allen the GM. That is a huge step.

It's been pointed out that the talent acquired under Allen was not all that great at his previous stops, and that seems to be the case. But, I'm not sure the GM can take the blame for talent evaluation and acquisition. That's all on the scouting department, IMO. I have no reason to think a GM would have the skills to evaluate talent in the way a professional Scout would. So, I am even more concerned with the Scouting department then I am the GM or even the new coach. When you peruse all the threads you have sides arguing the importance of various pieces and parts, but in my opinion, you absolutely must have all of the pieces:

1) A GM who can create a workable plan for building a team
2) Coaches who can draw up the plays and lead the troops-Not just a good HC
3) A Scouting department who can find the talent
4) An Owner will do whatever is necessary, including stepping aside

I don't believe a Coach should ever have the final say in player acquisition. He should define what he needs to run his scheme, the Scouting department should find that player and the GM should go get him. Keep cleanly delineated roles so that each unit can focus on that which they are best suited for and you'll get the most out of them. When you start mushing roles, dysfunction follows in one way or the other.

Here's to hoping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.