• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Selling online

Miles Monroe

The Owner's Favorite
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Does anybody have any first hand experience with selling stuff online other Ebay or Craigs list ? I've never sold on Ebay, and would rather not. I have sold a few things on Craigs list, and up until the latest listing haven't had any issues.

I'm trying to sell an old piano, and in four days I've gotten three scam replies. I've reported them all, and have removed the add. Never had this problem before, and all I'm trying to do is get the thing out of the house. I don't even need the money from the sale to be honest. I'd have listed it as free, but that thought scares me to be honest. I've had to deal with a lot of nut bags while selling.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a place to list online for free that is a bit less sketchy.
I have a time limit on getting it out of the house, and while it would hurt to do it, I'll push it out to the curb if need be.

Oh, and of course, if any of the Fl members want it, all you need do is cart it away.

Cheers !

I've sold furniture on Craigslist and have never had a bad experience. I used my cell phone as the contact instead of email address and screened the calls.

Ebay for a piano would be a pita.

I don't know why I'm getting the scam stuff, but when you reply to a message and get a reply before you can go back to your in box, you know it's fishy.... automated. I may contact a few antique dealers to see if anybody wants it for free. Town just north of me (Arcadia) has like 40 some odd antique shops. I'll also post on a forum or two to see if there's anybody local that wants it. It's about 115 years old, give or take a few years. I need it out so I can move in a 138 year old parlor organ. Didn't pay a cent for the piano, but would hate to see it destroyed.

I really hate selling stuff, it's such a hassle at times. Last time I sold a bike on Craigs, I had 15 people show to look at it, everyone wanted it, but only one actually had money.

Offer it for free and it will be gone in 2 hours.

I don't know why I'm getting the scam stuff, but when you reply to a message and get a reply before you can go back to your in box, you know it's fishy.... automated. I may contact a few antique dealers to see if anybody wants it for free. Town just north of me (Arcadia) has like 40 some odd antique shops. I'll also post on a forum or two to see if there's anybody local that wants it. It's about 115 years old, give or take a few years. I need it out so I can move in a 138 year old parlor organ. Didn't pay a cent for the piano, but would hate to see it destroyed.

I really hate selling stuff, it's such a hassle at times. Last time I sold a bike on Craigs, I had 15 people show to look at it, everyone wanted it, but only one actually had money.

That's par for the course on Craigslist. Nothing unusual about it. If you want to use CL, then I suggest using an email address for that purpose and none other, and just patiently sifting through the scams, just using common sense and caution, about responses that you're not sure whether they're scams or legit.

If you don't want to put up with that. There are also a variety ways of auctioning it, besides ebay. Look for some local auctions - both online and offline.

I would love a freaking piano! But I'm too far away.

One of my bucket list items is to learn how to Billy Joel's "Only The Good Die Young" on a piano.

I would give anything to be able to do that just one time at a holiday party or on a cruise ship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.