• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Post-Game Quotes vs. Dallas 2015: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
REDSKINS HEAD COACH JAY GRUDEN

On injuries:
"[Jason] Hatcher had a stinger, he did not have a concussion. [Stephen] Paea had a toe sprain, he’ll get an MRI. Jeron Johnson had a hamstring strain, he did not return."

On the frustration of not being able to take sole possession of the NFC East:
“Yeah, it is frustrating. I think guys played hard obviously. We just had some unforced errors with the penalties. Hats off to Dallas, Coach Garrett had them ready to play and they played better than us. It is frustrating. We had a chance to take a lead. But now we’re starting the fourth quarter of our season. Go to Chicago and we’ve just got to turn the page and move on.”

On WR DeSean Jackson’s punt return:
“Well, it didn’t end up, obviously, the way we wanted to. It’s DeSean and he’s had a history of making big plays in key situations. I don’t regret that decision one bit. I’ll count on DeSean to make another big play. He ended up getting a touchdown to get us back in the game and tie it. I can live with that. He’s just got to protect the ball, obviously.”

On the battle in the trenches:
“I don’t think so, I think it was pretty evenly matched with their offensive line, our defensive line – our offensive line, their defensive line. We just had the inability to make big plays, which was frustrating today. Last touchdown to DeSean was the biggest play we probably had. We just couldn’t manufacture any big plays, to try to get the drives going seven, eight plays, we just couldn’t do it for whatever reason. Hats off to their defense though.”

On measuring themselves in the NFC East:
“Records aren’t good but they’re good teams. There’s a lot of talent on these football teams that we’re playing, I promise you that. It is what it is right now. We’re all in a division where we’re 5-7 and we still have a lot to play for. It’s exciting down the stretch and that’s the way the NFC East is going to be. Whether we’re 12-0 or 4-12, it doesn’t matter. The fact of the matter is we have four games left and everything in our goals is still reachable. We just have to play better and do a better job.”

On K Dustin Hopkins:
“No, I don’t know. The last kick I think he just got under it a little bit, we didn’t have very good coverage. Jeron Johnson was hurt and he is one of our key special teamers, had a couple other guys. The 50, I think it would have been about a 55-yarder, earlier in the game and I chose to back them up there. Wanted to let our defense play and make them go the long distance. He could’ve probably made it, it would’ve been close. But I wanted to play the field position battle early in the game. I think he’s fine.”

On need to put together back-to-back wins:
"Consistency, absolutely. That’s something we have not been able to do. We’ve shown flashes – good quarters, good games here and there. The great teams, the ones that advance in the playoffs and win Super Bowls, are consistent and we have not been. That’s something that is a challenge for us as a coaching staff and players. We have to find a way to put back-to-back wins together and obviously win on the road.”

On maximizing the offense after turnovers:
"We have a game plan coming in; obviously, the game plan wasn’t very successful. We just have to execute better. Our players have to execute better, we have to put them in a better positions to succeed. We’ll have to look at the film. I don’t know what the reasons were right now – why our runs didn’t work as good as we thought they would and why some of our passes and protections. We had a couple sacks early in the game – which are uncharacteristic of our line and our backs. We will figure it out and I will let you know tomorrow.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time I have read his comments and thought.. whaaaa? You don't seem to have a clue, if you bring that game plan into play against an average team with no QB and still stubbornly stick to it when their defense is embarrassing you.

Sorry, but his comments seem to admit that he was out coached and his game plan sucked. For me, its games like this where you are in contention for something and can come into it more prepared. I have to look at the coaching this time. Maybe he was prepared, but obviously prepared for the wrong thing. I honestly don't think he thought about what their defense might do seein as how they had nothing to lose and could feel free to blitz 9 guys. I'm still shaking my head. I don't get it.

This right here says a lot to me....
“I don’t think so, I think it was pretty evenly matched with their offensive line, our defensive line – our offensive line, their defensive line.

Either he's in denial, completely blind, or a blithering idiot.

I don’t think so, I think it was pretty evenly matched with their offensive line, our defensive line – our offensive line, their defensive line...

Was he watching the same game as the rest of the world? obviously not
Yeah, Miles - I'll take 'd' as in 'all of the above'...obviously

p.s. take the word, 'obviously' out these press conferences he could cut these responses in half...obviously

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.