• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

GAME THREAD: SKINS/lions--Shave the Lions!

Campbell is just an average QB and I don't think he'll ever be more than that. I'd take Collins over him in a heartbeat the rest of the way.

You know what's really sad? Whatever mojo Detroit had in the first half is gone. All we have to do is score one more TD and we probably win. But I don't think we will.

you are correct. the game was there in the second half, but the Redskins won't win it.

part of it is predictability. Portis is obviously compromised by the bone spurs in his ankles and instead of using the much complimented Betts Zorn continued to run Portis at perhaps 70% in the third and fourth quarters.

you HAVE to use the entire roster to win games in the NFL.

Zorn has failed to do this. He is locked on certain players (perhaps at the order of Cerrato) like Portis and won't change his gameplan even when it is not working.

But the big issue here is that Zorn is Dead Man Walking as a leader.

Nobody on this team is afraid of Zorn, he is an afterthought to players with contracts like the ones the Redskins have.

He has been shown to be an Emperor with no clothes on.

well, Blondie you got your blowout, 7-19, it was just going the other way :mad:

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. A 47 yard PI penalty is totally unfair in today's NFL. Max it at 15 yards like you do in college.

Aside from that, the ONLY choice is to sit Campbell and start Collins. Zorn probably won't have the balls to do it but then again, that's why he's gone after this season. Why, oh why didn't Danny hire Rex Ryan as the HEAD coach instead of Zorn? God, I love hindsight.

I came this close [ ] to cancelling the NFL Ticket. Wish I had now.

Man...are we a mess or what?

Throw the effin ball INTO the endzone. That call was horrible. I'd be tempted to fire Zorn just for that. I guess it's a good thing I'm not the owner.

no intensity. no leadership. this ship is as adrift now as it was under Spurrier in 2003 and the results on the scoreboard are likely to be the same.

5-11 folks.

We just became the answer to a trivia question.

Paging Dr. Kevorkian.

(Michigan, right?)

I'm not sure we will ever be a consistent winner again - ever - with Little Nicky running the show. Zorn is in over his head, but I really hold no animosity for him, his hiring was a crap shoot and it's come up snake-eyes. That's more a reflection on Snyder than him, in my opinion.

Interesting thought I had today - that we may have wildly undervalued the quality of coaching during the Gibbs II era. Maybe we'll look back on his second tenure here much more positively given how this more talented team is performing.

Throw the effin ball INTO the endzone. That call was horrible. I'd be tempted to fire Zorn just for that. I guess it's a good thing I'm not the owner.

Yep. You got the ball at the 35 with like 20 seconds left, toss it into the endzone a couple times ... STOP THROWING IT OVER THE MIDDLE.

Sigh.

Sadly, the last few plays of the game are the least of our worries.

Vinny must be fired.
Snyder must allow this team to have a real GM and keep his God Damn hands off this team. Somebody bop him in the head with a newspaper everytime he wants to bring in a big money FA.

Campbell and most of the O and D need to go.
We need an entire new O line.

Get rid of almost everybody and start over

Yep.

Defensive breakdowns. Offensive breakdowns.

There was nothing good about today's performance. Absolutely nothing.

Portis looked tired, again.
Campbell looked confused, again.
Zorn looked confused, again.

Worse yet, the defense looked slow and never adapted to what the Lions were doing.

Hardly much of a pass rush. And Carlos Rogers got beat time and time again. I know Blache doesn't like to bring pressure, but the lack of pressure on Stafford killed the defense.

Well stated. Defense gave up way too many 3rd down conversions and the offense can't do ANYTHING unless they're in the no-huddle.

Still, those throws at the end mirror the Undynamic Duo of Campbell and Zorn over the past 11 games. Campbell's slow field reading/poor decision making combined with Zorn's sometimes idiotic playcalling simply make me dread the remainder of the season.

Brett Favre throws a rope to the back of the end zone to win the game for the Vikes from way out. That's what Campbell should have been doing on 3rd down, much less 4th.

We will likely be a laughing stock until Zorn decides, probably too late, to bench Campbell for Collins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.