• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Behind Enemy Lines: Regression Testing

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Regression Testing is defined in Wikipedia as any type of software testing that seeks to uncover new errors, or regressions, in existing...

More...

Not sure I would call what I am seeing even Beta, serv. Beta implies that we are just a step away from a Release Candidate, to stick with the software development metaphor. I'm just not seeing it.

Although, I am seeing year on year improvement, it is the pattern of game on game regression through the season that disturbs me. I am really hoping that most of what I have seen as been due to the very mobile QBs we have played the last weeks and we will get back to something positive this week against Fitzpatrick.

so...perhaps...the Agile SW Development Model is in play!

creative piece of writing...btw. I like it!

Although, I am seeing year on year improvement, it is the pattern of game on game regression through the season that disturbs me. I am really hoping that most of what I have seen as been due to the very mobile QBs we have played the last weeks and we will get back to something positive this week against Fitzpatrick.

I have perceived the same pattern myself, Neo. Buffalo will be an interesting test because although Fitzpatrick is not what one would call a "mobile" QB like Romo, Vick, or Newton, they do an excellent job of protecting him-he's been sacked only 7 times, fewest in the league. The Giants accounted for 3 of those sacks-Osi, Pierre-Paul, and Kiwanuka each had one sack. We are tied with the Giants for the league lead with a 3.5 sack per game average, although ours are distributed across a greater number of players.

Yeah - nicely done Neo. I've been unable to come up with a witty tech analogy - other than that perhaps we hoped this season's team was Windows 7, turns out we're still Vista.

Anyway, enjoyed that. Don't take any more time off. We need ya! :cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.