• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Top Humblebrags

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
The question I get asked most regarding Humblebrag is if the people I retweet ever get mad about it. And I must say, everyone seems to be a pretty good sport. After last month's column, Chrissy Teigen (Model? Actress?) even tweeted at me, "thanks for the kind words." I'm assuming she was not being sarcastic and was genuinely thanking me for the kind words. Point being, I am glad everyone seems to know this is all just in good fun and that I'm not just trying to be a dick.

That being said, here are a bunch of needlessly rude comments about people who Humblebrag!

(It should first be noted that last month, as an introduction to Humblebrags, I posted a list of the greatest Humblebraggers of all time — a "Hall of Fame" of sorts. From here on out, I will only be listing the top Humblebraggers from the past month. So, without further ado, here are the top Humblebraggers for the month of July).

10. @Audrie_Segura

"So funny I'm always around celebrities half the time I don't know who they are-i had a convo w/ Collin Farrel & had no idea"

Not THAT funny. Also, who is she and why is she always around famous people? Maybe she's a bellhop at the Chateau Marmont?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6769380/the-humblebrag-power-list

Goaldeje - what the hell are you talking about? What is a 'Humblebrag'? Suppose I could google it, but I'm not motivated enough to do it.

Got it - thanks. I thought the paragraph was Goal's, didn't realize it was from the web link and couldn't make any sense out of it.

Click the link, silly. I find it cathartic to laugh at these humblebraggers...

The link was very entertaining. I don't have a twitter account so I'm way behind on the lingo ...

... wait, did I just humblebrag? :)

The link was very entertaining. I don't have a twitter account so I'm way behind on the lingo ...

... wait, did I just humblebrag? :)

No. Sorry Henry. A Humblebrag would be like if you said that your personal assistant/PR person/Minion controls your twitter account, so you don't understand the lingo. :)

I will update this from time to time. I find it very funny. My favorite line in this one was actually about Harry Potter (Damn. **** got nerdy up in here fast! - :rotflmao:). And no, I have never read nor seen any of the books or movies, just thought that was funny.

Top Humblebrags for July/August:

10. @ShandiMissUSA

"Reading the contracts for my new shows is like trying to read Latin. Or Martian. Or the King James version of the Bible. ;) Takes time…"

I'm gonna bet that for @ShandiMissUSA, reading anything is like trying to read Latin.

I included that one because I really wanted to use that reading joke. It's also a pretty great Humblebrag, though.

"Now I get the term 'Supermodel.' I swear… doing shoots back to back to back, you need a super hero cape to get through it in one piece!"

This one was just a bonus.

9. @hopesolo

"What I learned today in my W magazine photoshoot… I aint no model!"

"We really aren't as awake as we look! :) http://yfrog.com/klepkmxj"

Hope Solo is a professional soccer player who got very famous this year for not winning the World Cup. She seems like a very nice person, but she Humblebrags like a mug.

8. @JeremyMcGovern

"Need advice- As owner of my own small Production Company, what should my title be on my business cards? I don't want to sound pompous. #Film"

Oof. Not sounding pompous Fail.

7. @SteveNash

This was the most submitted Humblebrag for the month of August:

"That's weird......I just got an email from Kanye West."

Really? It's not weird to me. You're Steve Nash … from the NBA. He's Kanye West … from rap. It makes a lot of sense. And it's probably not that weird to you either, Steve, but decent try no less.

More at Link

So a Humblebrag would be like me saying, "I'm the smartest person on this board." I'm bragging, but given the competition, it's not necessarily saying much. ;)

So a Humblebrag would be like me saying, "I'm the smartest person on this board." I'm bragging, but given the competition, it's not necessarily saying much. ;)
I'm obviously smarter, but you're no dummy, so I'll allow you your moment in the sun. For now.

(That was a humblebrag) :laugh:

This actually reminds me of a humblebrag an ex of my sister made when we were in High School. He said he was amazed his grades were so high since school bored him due to the lack of challenge it presented, and he barely put any effort in. The funniest part was, I put less effort in (I think I might have approached the record for skipping days) I didn't turn in a single homework assignment after Freshman year, and I still graduated ahead of him.

Yes, you just read a humblebrag that was followed up with a humblebrag retort.

I busted a gut reading this... which kinda sux. Only leaves me a 5-pack.

Ugh, I'm way too busy at work to read these kinds of threads. I haven't even been able to take a vacation in like 4 years because if I leave this office will completely fall apart.

Ugh, I'm way too busy at work to read these kinds of threads. I haven't even been able to take a vacation in like 4 years because if I leave this office will completely fall apart.

You sound just like Joe Gibbs. But it's been awhile since I've been to a post-game press conference so I don't know if Shanahan is like that. Oh well.

Youse guys are gettin' the hang of this!

Weird though. Not as good as me at it, I guess I can't transfer talent over the interwebz? Who knew?

Damn Goal. I thought all this time that your high score on Moon Patrol was unbeatable. Now it's not even in the top 10, and I break it almost every time I play now. I see you surpassed me on Pacman, but I don't really play that anymore anyway.

Is that better? :D

New ones. The comments are the best...

10. @jaredleto
"Just won GQ style award in Germany. Obviously they made a mistake. I wonder how long till they come take it back. ;) #andthewinnerisWHOOPS!"

I find it hard to believe that Jared Leto doesn't think he has exceptional fashion sense. He changes his hair color eight times a day and wears fishnet space suits and ****. He was straight gunnin' for this award. A sincere congrats, Jared.

9. @keltiecolleen
"Being the 'she' in gorgeous songs blows my mind."

Odds that Keltie Colleen is clinically delusional and talking about an Eric Clapton song or something?

8. Hettidao
I feel bad for including random student Chris Hettinger on this month's list, but his Humblebrag made me laugh too much to leave out.

"Wishing I hadn't already dated two girls this semester - hate the reputation it got me. It's not me, and it wasn't worth it."

Watch out, ladies: Chris Hettinger is a 100 percent DOG who can't be tamed! (I'm helping you out, bro.)

7. @BillyDec
"Supposed to be putting on a tux for Emmy Awards (Midwest) tonight. Can't move, exhausted, but nominated, so must move.."

What the **** are the Midwest Emmy Awards?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7290719/november-humblebrag

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.