• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RIP Bubba9497

This is sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. He will be missed, especially at ES. He was a fixture and leader there.

Sad news.

I think most of us felt a kinship to the guy, even though very few of us if any actually “knew” him. I wish his family peace. He’ll be missed.

By broadcasting his obit, which includes his real name, you're violating the privacy which Bubba went to great lengths to protect for the eight years he was online.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Extremeskins_Mourns_Loss_of_Friend__111837.jsp

I don't know Mark, I can see both sides. Yeah he, like almost eveyone, kept his real identity hidden. But on the other hand, if say, 10,000 ES'ers signed that condolance book that was online, maybe it would give some comfort to the family. I'm sure that if his wife is like most other wives, he's caught hell in the past for "Spending too much time on that damn site", especially with the amount he posted. Maybe it would help her realize what a positive impact he had on the lives of others.

Just a thought

I still can't believe the guy is gone:frown2:

I'm sitting here thinking about how Bubba never posted a pic of himself (that I recall), so for the longest time I just pictured him as Joe Bugel (his long-time avatar). Wild.

Lanky, if you go to the Read Me ES thread there's a pic of Bubba from Show Yourselves II. He looks about the way I pictured him I guess.

RIP Redskins brother.

Very sad news.

Some message board posters impress you with wit, some with humor, others ... well, Bubba was one who impressed with his dedication.

And yeah, I always thought about him as Buges as well. Funny, that.

I'm sitting here thinking about how Bubba never posted a pic of himself (that I recall), so for the longest time I just pictured him as Joe Bugel (his long-time avatar). Wild.

Actually Bubba did post a picture of himself, I think KingGibbs found it, it is shown again in post #597 in the memorial thread in the Stadium of Extremeskins Stadium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.