• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Something Positive

Something positive?

Unfortunately, the pukes might win the division, but they do have that choking-dog Romo to set them up for fail.

BTW, I still think there's a lot of football left, and the anointing of the pukes as 'masters-of-all' by Aikman and Buck is laughable.

Finally, RGIII looked pretty good on the sidelines. He could be ready soon.

Romo will have his December collapse. It’s inevitable. Their RB is also being ridden like a stolen horse. He’ll eventually get injured or worn out. They’re doing the right thing by letting him carry the team (it’s working), but it’ll eventually get to a point that he can’t. The Defense is no more scary than ours… which is not. People are just surprised they’re not historically bad and overhyping them. They're not exactly a good Defense.

Nick

I appears that Gruden is seeing the major concern at RT and that he doesn't buy into Polumbus like others have.

It was great to see Garcon break a big play. Hopefully that gets his legs back under him and helps him break out.

Colt McCoy helped my uneasiness of finding a viable back up to Griffin after Cousins signs elsewhere. Colt can execute the offense (albeit a bad defensive team) and looked like he didnt miss a beat. I'm not sure I want to see him often, but he's 1 for 1 when he's called upon.

Didn't Garcon want out of Indy because he wasn't getting the #1 balls like he wanted? I would think this would help him understand that EVERY play can be that big one if he works for it and doesn't get discouraged. Glad he isn't hurt, too.

Seeing that Cousins has been outed as a hummingbird egg in a game of marbles Gruden made the right call and gave him the hook.

The kid's confidence is absolutely nonexistent and the coach didn't just accept it like Rex of the past, or Brunell of the past or Jason Campbell of the past or Patrick Ramsey of the past... The front office saw either this, the RG3 injury or all of it coming and kept a quality (albeit low quality) number three on the team.

It speaks volumes that Gruden has clearly taken control. He feels like McCoy gives us the better shot to win, and he's made a decision. I've missed that. We as a fanbase have missed that. Even if the vast majority of the fanbase thought we needed to stick with Cousins and that McCoy shouldn't see the field without an injury. Gruden is doing whatever he can do to win games.. now he just needs the time to put the pieces in place.

Reasonably positive stuff, check out the whole write up for more

Keim
•Nine of his 12 pass attempts were quick throws outside the numbers on hitches. He did not attempt a pass between the hashmarks and only once did he throw between the hash and the numbers. He did throw deep down the right side twice, with one completion (nullified by penalty) and a pass interference penalty. McCoy was on target both times as Jackson faced good coverage in each case. Yet, he put the ball right near the sideline and just out of the corner’s reach, giving only Jackson a shot.
•It’ll be tough to win if you can’t attack each area on the field, but in his career, his lowest marks typically have come on short throws to the outside -- 509 of his career 715 pass attempts have been within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage, according to ESPN Stats & Information. That’s partly a function of the schemes he’s been in, but also that he’s not a guy who will drive it downfield a lot.

Under review: Washington Redskins QB Colt McCoy - ESPN

I thought this might be a good place to stick this little tidbit from ESPN:

"3 QB have thrown at least 30 passes in a game this season, completed 83% or better Tom Brady Drew Brees and now ... Colt McCoy
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) October 28, 2014"

Tough loss to the Vikes but I'll drag this thread up again because we need something to do over the bye.

Forbath has improved his TB's
Actually had a decent return or two on specials and I'm beginning to feel better on coverage.
Griff had his moments.
Alf looks better, didn't see the ball come out, caught a few.
DJax... nothing more be said
Our two young CBs look solid if not great, it's nice to see home growns develop.
T Murph got his first sack.

to be continued.....

Week 10 (so far).... our offense put up the highest score of the week......in a losing effort

:ballchain: (I'm tryin')

That one play where Griffin was almost sacked not once but twice only to escape and throw for the first down?

THAT is why I love that kid. He still has his head about him even if his legs need a little getting under him...

Griffin had some downs but he made some really nice plays as well. I really like the 50 yarder to Jackson from his own goal line in the pocket.

Nobody here is a coach, or a scout, or otherwise in charge of the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.