• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Raiders Trade

I thought for sure that it would come down to Seattle, San Fran or us.

That sucks. I was hoping it was us.

I thought for sure that it would come down to Seattle, San Fran or us.

That sucks. I was hoping it was us.

Vinny? Is that you?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Why?

He's a mediocre qb at best and he'd never see the field.

Easiest decision ever. Regardless of the player.

Seattle has a stacked roster that just won the SB. They just landed Pryor for a 7th rounder. Not just any 7th rounder--but literally the last guy taken in the entire draft.

It's going to be extremely difficult for a 5th or 6th rounder to have any chance of making that squad. But "Mr. Irrelevant?" Virtually impossible.

So they just got a free look at a young Pryor who has good upside, to come in and compete with Tavaris Jackson, who looks like crap 7 years into his career. No-brainer.

The rich may have just gotten richer.....for zero cost.

Last edited:
You explained why this was good for Seattle but this is a redskins site and it makes no sense why you said "I wish it was us" when speaking of the trade

As a player, he's an athletic freak. RG3 looked 5x better than Pryor in his first season. But Pryor looked 2X as good as an injured RG3 last year.

It would have been a nearly-free look for us to find someone who has at least a similar running style as RG3.

Seattle's a great landing spot for @TerrellePryor great coaching staff, creative play designer in Darrell Bevell who'll get him on field.

--London Fletcher

Pryor is only in his fourth year... many QBs take several years to come into their own. Not much risk for a 7th rounder.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Better than Griffin?

Well, I'm done here.

Better than Griffin? Griffin by 5 miles when healthy.

Better than Griffin last year? Yes. Not bad for a 7th rounder.

I can only guess that we thought we needed the pick, or maybe we passed due to just signing McCoy.

Ya think? How many non-starting QBs do we need? We have way too many needs (and QB is absolutely not one) to waste resources.

Ya think? How many non-starting QBs do we need? We have way too many needs (and QB is absolutely not one) to waste resources.

It would only have made sense if we cut McCoy, or if we thought we had the luxury of using him on some gadget plays like Seattle may.

I don't think we have that luxury, so I would have cut McCoy.

I'll bet Pryor scores more TDs next year than either Colt McCoy or Mr. irrelevant do. In that sense, it's an easy trade to make.

Lol

Dude, the Raiders wouldn't have basically cut him if he had such a grea upside or traded for a new qb if they thought there was a future with him.

All the YouTube clips in the world won't change facts

They didn't cut him though. He said he wanted out after they signed Matt Schaub, and named Schaub the starter.

Is he Drew Brees? No way. Is he better than a 7th rounder? Yeah.

Because he's third string and Pryor is second and has an actual chance to play. I don't know who you are calling Mr irrelevant either.

Gadgets aren't a solid offensive option and you never hear of a guy drafted because of his ability to run the gadget.

Pryor was barely good in Ohio St and if I recall he got in trouble up there just to be taken by the Raiders and barely start over Jason Campbell.

A 97 yard scramble play isn't what you hang a quarterbacks skills on.

He isn't a great passer. But he is 6'6, 235 pounds and runs a 4.38. And he's only 24 years old. He's a freak.

Maybe even as a backup to Jordan Reed in addition to being our third string QB? I believe I'd have to take that over Colt McCoy.

Mr. Irrelevant is what they call the last guy taken in the draft every year. That's what Seattle traded for him.

you guys are ...too funny ..serious...but smart. "As Good As It Gets" love all the angles you take on a subject or idea......I'm learning a lot .been missing a lot ...

Last edited:
Bill Parcells drafted Pat White in the second round to run the wildcat.

Proof that as a talent evaluator Parcells was the equal of Jerry Jones.

Technically Seattle's 7th rounder isn't Mister Irrelevant; there will be some compensatory picks after their pick. But their 7th rounder still probably would at best crack the practice squad... Redskins 7th rounder has a much better shot to make the team, if he can contribute on STs. In that sense, the Redskins did the right thing.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Aren't majority of people skeptical of Pryor's ability to become a legit QB anyways?

I mean a 7th round pick for a guy like Pryor isn't a bad deal in fact it's probably a steal generally speaking, but I'm certainly not going to fret that we weren't in the running for him. I have faith Griffin will be healthy, be smart enough to avoid banging up his knee again, and will be the starting QB for the foreseeable future.

I'd rather have Cousins in if Griffin goes down than Pryor anyways...

Aren't majority of people skeptical of Pryor's ability to become a legit QB anyways?

I mean a 7th round pick for a guy like Pryor isn't a bad deal in fact it's probably a steal generally speaking, but I'm certainly not going to fret that we weren't in the running for him. I have faith Griffin will be healthy, be smart enough to avoid banging up his knee again, and will be the starting QB for the foreseeable future.

I'd rather have Cousins in if Griffin goes down than Pryor anyways...

No one said anything about trading Cousins. He'd remain the backup.

Anytime you have to rely on a third string QB for several games you are probably screwed. Although it would be nice to have a QB who has a similar style as RG3, so the play book could stay the same.

The real benefit of Pryor is that he is also 6'6, 235 and blazing fast. He could fill in as a TE should Reed get injured, or even as a WR in the red zone. McCoy can't.

That's part of the reason why both the Seahawks and Niners wanted him. He offers more than McCoy.

Last edited:
Come on Mike - you really think any NFL team is going to just throw Pryor out there as a WR or TE? When a team does something like that, they are conceding the outcome. He's black and fast. That's about where the RG3 similarities end IMHO :). There's a reason the Raiders could only get a 7th rounder for him, and I personally think it was a waste if a 7th rounder. We don't need another QB.

I'd rather us draft a WR or TE in the 7th round than roll the dice converting pryor.

:shrug:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.