• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bears Resign Cutler for 7 years

Yeah - I have always felt, while physically-gifted, Cutler was not a guy who would lead a team to the promised land. He's certainly not the kind of guy I'd want to hitch my wagon to for the long haul. I will say that his on-the-field play this year looked a lot better, and that has to be all about Trestman's influence. Cutler appears to respect and listen to him. So maybe the promise of that relationship helped drive a new contract. Still - I've just always felt Cutler had kind of a toxic, self-destructive personality. Not a believer. I broke out in a rash back when folks thought the Redskins might go after him.

Yeah - I have always felt, while physically-gifted, Cutler was not a guy who would lead a team to the promised land. He's certainly not the kind of guy I'd want to hitch my wagon to for the long haul. I will say that his on-the-field play this year looked a lot better, and that has to be all about Trestman's influence. Cutler appears to respect and listen to him. So maybe the promise of that relationship helped drive a new contract. Still - I've just always felt Cutler had kind of a toxic, self-destructive personality. Not a believer. I broke out in a rash back when folks thought the Redskins might go after him.

Two first rounders, if I remember correctly.

:uhoh:

He's Jeff George 2.0

The skins going after him reminds me of when they wanted Sanchez.

He definitely has a big arm and his play was much better this year. A definite credit to Trestman's coaching and game plan. However, that same coach made Josh McCown look like a pro bowler. A pro-bowler with 13-1 TD to INT ratio and a 109 rating. So if you can do that with McCown, couldn't you find someone else for cheaper? I guess this is just the way of the NFL now. If you find a QB, you keep him no matter the cost. I still can't believe Flacco got as much as he did last year, but he delivered the goods in the Super Bowl. I'm just happy the Redskins never got him.

He's Jeff George 2.0

I've thought this for a while. Big arm, throws a lot of Ints. Sometimes, just chucks it up to show off his arm. Is a head case. Has had beefs with other players and coaches. He is Jeff George.

early numbers are 18 million which puts the total contract at 126 million over 7 years.

what the **** are the bears thinking....

i thought we were incompetent... this makes romo's contract look reasonable.

holy crap. griffin is going to cost us like 200 mil. just to keep him.

Yeah, I have nightmares about Griff's contract. It's going to be mammoth I think.

I've thought this for a while. Big arm, throws a lot of Ints. Sometimes, just chucks it up to show off his arm. Is a head case. Has had beefs with other players and coaches. He is Jeff George.

Jay Schroeder=Jay Cutler except Schroeder took 2 teams to Championship Games while Cutler has failed to get to the playoffs in all but 1 season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.