• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Could someone explain this "List" Ray Lewis was placed on ?

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
So Ray Lewis has been on this "Reserve/Injured; Designated for Return". which is neither the IR, nor the PUP (which by the way, I'm not sure how that works either). I did not even know that this "Designated for Return" list existed. It's like a "non-season-ending IR", no ? He does not count against the 53-man roster during that time, yet he is eligible to return during the season, apparently. How does that work, as in, what are the criteria and conditions for this list ? And in the process could someone also explain the same, regarding the PUP list ?

Its new this year. We had Nick Sundberg on it all season after he broke his arm.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

So Ray Lewis has been on this "Reserve/Injured; Designated for Return". which is neither the IR, nor the PUP (which by the way, I'm not sure how that works either). I did not even know that this "Designated for Return" list existed. It's like a "non-season-ending IR", no ? He does not count against the 53-man roster during that time, yet he is eligible to return during the season, apparently. How does that work, as in, what are the criteria and conditions for this list ? And in the process could someone also explain the same, regarding the PUP list ?

It's IR in the respect that the player no longer occupiesa roster spot... But that one player can be reactivated. I believe only one player per team, per season

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yes, all of the above is correct. Add to it that the player must be declared for the temp IR list at the time he is IR'd. You can't do it after the fact.

The really tricky part is they go on for 8 weeks, and then can come back.

But there's not very many injuries that are severe enough to warrant 8 weeks away, yet not so severe that the player can indeed come back in 8 weeks. On top of that, there's only so many weeks you can add a player to that list until you get the point where 8 weeks away is past the regular season.

So... it's something neat the teams can use, but how helpful it will be is yet to be seen. I imagine teams that regularly make the playoffs (baltimore, pitt, new england, green bay, etc) will be able to make much more use of it since they get a few extra weeks most years.

suggs was put on the pup (physically unable to perform) list, which is a different list, and pretty much means you missed all training camp/preseason.

i think this new IR list lewis was put on was to bridge the gap between the pup list and season-ending IR list. other wise players get hurt 2nd week of camp and either lose the entire season and hurt the team for many weeks to come by keeping a roster spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.