• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

So when does Lurie get the "Tried to buy a championship" moniker?

Snydershrugged

The Franchise Player
Reaction score
We as Skins fans sufferred through nearly a decade of "Your owner is awful because he tried to buy a championship". Usually they are referring to the Deon era or around there.

We annually were called the "off season champs" too

So in 2010, Lurie assembled the "Dream Team" of high price free agents.

When we asked why the eagles didnt get the "Buy the championship" moniker, we were told by the punditry that its different this time! (why, we were never told)

I would like to hearby formally say that Lurie tried to but a championship and failed and should be in the conversation everytime henceforth when Snyder and Jones are mentioned in that vein.

They can keep thinking it's different as long as they keep doing it, and keep losing. :)

I don't know... the eagles strike me as a team that has drafted well, and tried to fill holes with free agency - the way you're supposed to do it.

Picking up a few high-priced free agents doesn't turn you into a 'buying a championship team'; abandoning the draft and using solely free agency does that.

Our team is struggling right now because we avoided the draft for the last 10+ years. The eagles are going to bounce back with a new coach next year. Their roster is not devoid of talent like ours was/is.

While that is true, t, I think the Eagles may have over-valued their roster when they went on their FA spending spree in 2011 to push them 'over the top.'

That's fine, but then doubling down on it this year just made things worse. The Eagles look like the 2002 Redskins at this point. It would be great if they kept it going for another eight to ten years but very few front offices are that stupid. :)

:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.