• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN: Sean Payton's Deal Voided

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Within the past year, the multiyear contract extension the Saints announced for Sean Payton in September 2011 was voided by the NFL, making the suspended head coach a free agent after this season and casting questions on how long he will remain in New Orleans, according to league sources.

Payton is expected to become the NFL's most sought-after head coach after this season and there already is speculation in league circles that he could wind up returning to Dallas, where he worked as the assistant head coach from 2003 to 2005, during which time the Dallas Cowboys brought in quarterback Tony Romo, who attended the same college, Eastern Illinois, as Payton.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8592214/sean-payton-deal-new-orleans-saints-voided-nfl-sources-say

The question in my mind if this were to transpire would be, does he continue on with the current cast of characters, or start over with a new QB...

I have not heard that Payton is 'out of favor' in N.O., so this would surprise me.

We may be in market for a new coach at the end of this year......

I would be shocked if NO just let him go.

Inside word has him replacing Andy Reid if New Orleans doesn't keep him. Obviously unlikely, but it appears the Eagles will do whatever it takes.

Saints, Sean Payton can discuss deal

The New Orleans Saints have been given written permission by the NFL to negotiate a contract extension with suspended coach Sean Payton.

The contract extension agreed upon by Payton and the Saints was rejected by the league because it contained a clause allowing Payton to leave if general manager Mickey Loomis was suspended or departed the organization.

Loomis, who returned from his eight-game suspension as a result of the NFL's bounty investigation last week, told the New Orleans Times-Picayune last week that he thinks a deal with Payton will get done.

"I absolutely expect Sean to be our coach next year and going forward. These contract issues will be resolved," Loomis told the newspaper.

Click on the link for the full article

---------

I don't see Sean Payton leaving N.O.

Neither do I. I can't help but laugh at the people that want the retread shanahan gone because he won his superbowls elsewhere with only 1 QB so they can replace him with Payton.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.