• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Carolina GM Hurney Fired...

Yeah, after that superb rookie season, the real Cam Newton is coming out. They will never be successful with him at the helm.

at the end of last year i declared myself wrong about cam.

after 7 weeks in his second year i'm ready to retract that and declare myself right about cam. but it's only 7 weeks, and i've already made this mistake once, so i guess i'll sit quietly tapping my foot waiting for an oportunity to yell 'told you so'; much louder than normal since i previously was forced to (incorrectly) admit being wrong.

Nick Nawrocki wrote a scouting report on Cam that was scathing - http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/03/29/cam-newton-scouting-report

He was widely criticized for his report by the general media (ESPN, for example.) I think some people even threw out the race card. His report is being proven more and more true as the days go by.

Nawrocki even said that picking Cam early in the draft may cost the GM that picked him's job...

Czabe ended his rant on Cam with this:
"There's a long, and excellent career to be had for Cam Newton. If he wants it."

And I agree completely.

Problem is, Cam grew up in a household where his father shopped him around to universities looking for the highest bidder.

Let's repeat that:
Cam Newton's father shopped his son around for the most money when trying to figure out which university he should go to.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Thank God we didn't wind up with Cam Newton.

That's just about where I am on this t... It's just after that press conference, he showed he has the instability that will cause him much grief in this league. It's how you handle losing that shows character. Look how Griff is handling it. Granted, it's not as bad as it is in Carolina, but Cam has very little around him and they don't move for him the way the Redskins move for Griff. That is leadership and I don't think Cam has it.

That's just about where I am on this t... It's just after that press conference, he showed he has the instability that will cause him much grief in this league. It's how you handle losing that shows character. Look how Griff is handling it. Granted, it's not as bad as it is in Carolina, but Cam has very little around him and they don't move for him the way the Redskins move for Griff. That is leadership and I don't think Cam has it.

See, and thats the thing that the pro-Cam people don't get about the argument against Cam.

It's not about what he does in between the white lines - the man is a baller when it comes to physical skills and ability...

It's the off the field stuff, after a loss, on the side lines, in the locker room, etc.

I knew he wasn't going to make it when he did his pre-draft interview and kept referring to himself in 3rd person.

Our QB can remember which defender blitzed which gap on a random play in the press conference immediately following the game.

Cam couldn't remember the names of plays from his college film reel.

The same thing that worried me about Cam, is what excites me about Griffin. I could give two ****s about Griffin's 40 time - dude's got a legit brain between his ears and that is what makes me so happy we got him.

If Cam thinks this year is bad, wait till next year when they gut the coaching staff and the players. It is going to be an uphill road for them for a while......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.