• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Chris Berman on MNF? OMG.

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
I was digging around for NFL news and found an interesting article about an NFL schedule change to minimize game overlap so that tight games won't be suddenly changed to the local team which infuriates lot of fans. Makes sense.

And then I came across this.

ESPN assigned Chris Berman and Trent Dilfer to the second game of its opening “Monday Night Football” double-header (Chargers-Raiders), after Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden call the Bengals-Ravens opener. Berman has never called an NFL game but will do a preseason game for practice.

I'm half tempted to watch-and half tempted to avert my eyes and ears for fear of severe indigestion and an ear infection.

Jeez!:puke:

There is other interesting if less nauseating info in the article.

Article link:http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/08/14/schedule-change-made-to-limit-overlap

Don't. Watch. Berman is terrible. Just brutal. The Home Run Derby is unwatchable because of him.

Every single running play will be an amalgamation of "rumblin', bumblin', stumblin'!" and those little explosion noises he makes "boosh, bash, bocsh!" And after every single play, it will be "incomplete pass to Robert Meachem, FROM?" I predict Dilfer murders him midway through the second quarter.

Think he's doing this Monday nights preseason game. Berman calling a football game may not be so bad with his loud personality. But when he handled US Open golf coverage...that was brutal

MNF seems to be a magnet for Fail Commentators.
I'm almost wondering if they're intentionally doing this.
Every single sidekick on MNF for the past 1 or 2 decades has been such a joke, that it makes me wonder those in charge can't possibly believe these are the most fit for the job.

It will be interesting to see how Berman does in the booth. He may surprise. Then again... :)

Agreed. He is doing a respectable job.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.