• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The USFL is back !! and what if it never folded ?

I think this could benefit a handful of players if it can survive. Colt Brennan is a player I believe could have benefited from a league like this. As a feeder system, I think this could be a good thing. As competition, we all know no pro league will survive in this country trying to compete with the NFL.

As competition, we all know no pro league will survive in this country trying to compete with the NFL.

It has a chance, if the NFL and Goodell continue their corrupt ways in alienating the fans.
If the alternate is smart enough not to go head to head in the fall, directly against the NFL, at least not in its early beginnings, and the NFL keeps going in its faulty ways, I can see the alternate league giving them a run for their money.

Never gonna happen my friend, never...not even with Goodell being the demon he is.

Maybe it's not realistic, but a lot of people would love to see the "fans" go on strike.
And the only way they will have the willpower to do that, is if there is a decent alternative, to turn to, simultaneously. As we saw with the first version of the USFL, a lot of HUGE stars came from that league. So, who's to say they won't do it again. Heck, maybe the next time the PLAYERS go on strike, maybe they could skip to the USFL. Then we'd have both the fans and players going against the Emperor.

The problem Fear, at least 70% of NFL fans aren't as informed as we are. Not saying we are the smartest, but they don't pay as much attention and they probably have no clue the issue that we see.

I am with you! Over the last 10 years, the NFL product has gotten worse in my opinion, but here we are contributing to the highest level of popularity the league has ever seen.

I'm with you! Something needs to be done to challenge Roger Goodell. He is obviously out of control. I just doubt we will ever see an alternative challenge the NFL the way the AFL did almost 50 years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.