• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Donovan McNabb Running his Bitter Betty Mouth Again

Lanky Livingston

All quotes via Rick Maese:

McNabb says on ESPN RGIII is not a good fit for Redskins. Says ego will get in way. "Are you going to cater the offense around his talent?"

Skip Bayless asked McNabb if he simply has an ax to grind. "I do but I don't"

McNabb says he was misused here and thinks Skins could similarly misuse RGIII: "You have to be in a system that caters to your ability"

Has there ever been a more bitter dude leave the Redskins? My goodness - this dude is living off a diet of sour grapes and WHINE. Suck it up, McDelicateFlower.

i guess we should have adjusted our system so the wr's were laying down. then the ball would hit them in the hands and would be catchable.

on a serious note - mcnabb lost any respect, and possible benefit of the doubt, when he went to Minnesota and they said - eh f this guy, not even worth keeping around the rest of the season. you know, the team that was supposed to like him so much?

he's just trying to relevant.

McNabb says RG3 doesn't fit with Shanahan's offense

McNabb compared his own talents to Griffin’s talents, and McNabb indicated that Shanahan doesn’t know how to use a quarterback with those talents.

Seriously?

McNabb in college was 548 of 938 for 8,398 yards (8.95 yards per attempt w/ 58% completion) with 77 TDs and 26 INTs in 45 games.

RGIII in college was 800 of 1192 for 10,366 yards (8.7 yards per attempt w/ 67% completion) with 78 TDs and 17 INTs in 41 games

Draw your own conclusions...

Last edited:
there are only two things that are similar between the two

1) they're both black qb's
2) they both are a serious threat on the ground

thats where it ends. mcnabb's football intelligence, accuracy, and pocket pressence were never what RG3's are. in fact, mcnabb forced himself to be a pocket passer because he was ridiculed for running so much.

thats like comparing vick to rg3. being black and playing the same position is not grounds for suggesting equality.

Eh, **** him with a rusty cattle prod.

Worthless overrated piece of gagging maggot ****!

McNabb says he was misused here and thinks Skins could similarly misuse RGIII: "You have to be in a system that caters to your ability"
And a quarterback who's interested in

- being in shape
- learning the system
- executing the system

DMac has plummeted in 3 short years from borderline HOF consideration to borderline comic relief.

Sad.

The fact anyone values his opinion now is comical. Reid knew he was done, it just took two years for the rest of the league to catch on.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

The fact anyone values his opinion now is comical. Reid knew he was done, it just took two years for the rest of the league to catch on.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Sadly, we are likely to have to keep hearing his opinion. It would not surprise me to see him get a job with either ESPN or NFL Network. Then he can trash the Skins all the time.

Yeah, and here's a still photo.

bull.gif

If Robert Griffin fails in Shanahan's offense, or in any offense that wasn't invented in 1923, I will be stunned
- Peter King of Sports Illustrated.

McNabb feels he was misused.

Funny, I felt the draft pick we gave up for him was misused.

I don't really care about McNabb anymore but the thread title was funny. :)

EDIT: Ok, I watched the clip. He's very bitter.

Last edited:

I find some of the very first comments interesting to say the least:

Donovan makes some excellent points. People on here should stop comparing RG3 to McNabb. Obviously, they are both talented but the difference is...McNabb has had success and been a perennial winner in the NFL. RG3 hasn't even been drafted but the media and lay-educated have basically elected him the next President of the United States. Stop the mania and let's be realistic.

Look at the roster of the Redskins, McNabb had no chance. McNabb in a wheelchair is better than Grossman. The team new it .Same thing in Minn. If i was a player, And you put in Grossman/ponder WHO ARE NOT BETTER than McNabb. I would being saying to myself, the coach is not giving us the best chance to win THIS YEAR. Minn, should have SAT Ponder. He was not ready. PERIOD

there are only two things that are similar between the two

1) they're both black qb's

thats where it ends. mcnabb's football intelligence, accuracy, and pocket pressence were never what RG3's are. in fact, mcnabb forced himself to be a pocket passer because he was ridiculed for running so much.

thats like comparing vick to rg3. being black and playing the same position is not grounds for suggesting equality.

one actually, the second part of your post touches on the reasons they are not similiar and are why he failed here. mcraap was really only mobile his first couple seasons , the he got fat and lazy. his work ethic was always bad, griffs is not.

Oms post desrcirbes why Mcrapp is bitter, he was never the prospect that Griffin is, unlike Griffin who looks to be a fit almost anywhere due to his natural arm skills leaving aside his mobility.

sorry donovan but very teams will throw the ball 70% of the time so that a lazy rythym passer can complete less ths 60% of them. a truly great player makes plays period.

Becuase his overwhelming success in Minnesota simply proves his...

Oh, wait.

Anywho...

I still have a Redskins DMc5 jersey for sale. If you are not tempted to make a good offer, I will use it to wash and wax my car this summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.