• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Aikman Says Romo is Better QB then He Was

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Aikman: Romo better Quarterback then I was

I can see Troy's point here. Romo is better at improvisation than Aikman was but I can tell you that as a Redskins fan I would much rather face Romo than Aikman. Maybe Troy wasn't so hot when a play broke down but he rarely made bad decisions and his accuracy was amazing. Granted, Troy had a better cast of characters around him too but still, he was so much better at the mental side of the game.

Along with Joe Montana, Troy Aikman was the smoothest, coolest, most accurate QB I have ever seen. Man made it look effortless.

He is apparently also an aspiring comedian.

From the comments section. Sometimes a few words says it all:

Physically, yes. Mentally, no.

Well, I think Romo >>>> Rex, regardless of who the OL is.

I also don't think Aikman was all that great, because he had one of the best supporting casts of all time around him. Aikman never had a season as good as Rypien's SB season. Aikman's best season was only slightly better than Mark Brunell's 2005 season. :)

Great QB Rule #1: Never, ever, make stupid, risky decisions that hurt your team.

That's all you need to look at to settle this *controversy*.

Ridiculous.

Great QB Rule #1: Never, ever, make stupid, risky decisions that hurt your team.

That's all you need to look at to settle this *controversy*.

Ridiculous.

Tell that to Brett Favre. :)

That's why Brett Favre was not a great QB.

He was a great passer, but the 'gunslinger' thing kept him from being a truly great QB. I know that sounds crazy, but I believe it.

And let's face it - Tony Romo is an amateur compared to Brett Favre.

That's why Brett Favre was not a great QB.

He was a great passer, but the 'gunslinger' thing kept him from being a truly great QB. I know that sounds crazy, but I believe it.

That's a hard sell, especially for the leading TD passer of all time. Those INTs are very glaring though...

It's easy to throw Favre into the mix as an all-time 'great' with guys like Montana, Unitas, Manning, etc... but I don't believe he belongs there. He was a great passer, probably the best improvisational passers ever - but his gambling style also held him, and the teams he played on, back at times. Look at just 2 years, 2007 - he throws a foolish interception in OT against the Giants that robs the Packers of a Super Bowl appearance. And in the 2009 conf. title game he throws 2 killer INTs (he also threw for 300+ yards on almost 50 attempts). Of course, you can make the argument that those teams never would have been in a position to compete for glory if not for Favre, and that's probably true. But those kinds of mistakes, almost always the result of gambling with the ball, are the reason he's not is the same league with those other QBs at the top of the list.

I won't hijack this thread further, but it's the same thing with Romo. Ultimately, he makes too many mistakes to ever be considered a great QB - and he's not 1/2 the QB that Favre was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.