• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Great Business Deal!!!!!!!!!

Sarge

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm jumping all over this one:rolleyes:

CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL OF $35,000,000.00

I AM BARRISTER PAUL AFFUM, ATTORNEY TO THE FORMER GOVERNOR BANK OF GHANA (BOG). WITH DUE RESPECT AND REGARDS I HAVE DECIDED TO CONTACT YOU ON A BUSINESS TRANSACTION THAT WILL BE VERY BENEFICIAL TO BOTH OF US.

ON 1ST OF JULY 2007, GHANAIANS STARTED USING A NEW CEDIS NOTE. IN THIS REGARD, ALL OLD CURRENCY NOTES IS BEEN WITHDRAWN FROM THE HANDS OF THE PUBLIC THROUGH ALL THE LOCAL BANKS IN GHANA TO THE CENTRAL BANK (BOG). HOWEVER, THE OLD CURRENCY NOTES WILL BE PRESUME BURNT AND DESTROY BY THE BANK OF GHANA (BOG). I WAS APPOINTED CHAIRMAN OF A 4-MAN COMMITTEE IN CHARGE OF RETREIVING ALL OLD CURRENCY NOTE THROUGH OUT THE COUNTRY BY THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY. SO FAR,WE'VE SUCCEEDED IN TAKING 98% (EQUIVALENT OF $10.2 BILLION USD)OF THE OLD CURRENCY OUT OF SYSTEM.

ALL THE MEMBER OF THE 4-MAN COMMITTEE INCLUDING THE GOVERNOR OF THE BANK OF GHANA(BOG)AND THE MINISTER OF FINANCE HAVE DECIDED THAT WE SHARE PART OF THIS MONEY AMONG OURSELVES AND DESTROY THE OTHERS ON THE CONDITION THAT NONE OF US WILL PUT THESE MONEY IN OUR VARIOUS ACCOUNT OR THAT OF OUR RELATIVES FOR SECURITY PURPOSES. I WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT MY SHARE OF THE MONEY IS $35,000.000.00USD. I WILL LIKE TO PROPOSE THE TRANSFER OF MY SHARE OF THE MONEY TO YOU THROUGH A BANK TRANSFER OR A DIPLOMATIC MEANS OF TRANSFER AND YOU WILL BE ENTITTLE TO 35% OF THE MONEY WHILE 5% BE MAPPED OUT FOR THE ANY EXPENSES THIS TRANSACTION MIGHT ENCURE.

PRESENTLY,THE MONEY IS STILL IN THE BANK OF GHANA CORRESPONDENT BANK HOPE WE CAN COME TO SOME FORM OF UNDERSTANDING WITHIN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME,SO THAT THE TRANSFER CAN BE EFFECTED WITHIN 48 HOURS. I GOT YOUR IMPRESSIVE INFORMATION THROUGH ONE OF MY GOOD FRIEND WHO WORKS WITH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE ON FOREIGN BUSINESS RELATIONS HERE IN ACCRA-GHANA. ALTHOUGH PERSONALLY,I KEEP THIS INFORMATION SECRET WITHIN MYSELF AND PARTNERS TO ENABLE THE WHOLE PLANS AND IDEA BE SUCCESSFUL DURING THE TIME OF EXECUTION.THE SAID AMOUNT IS U.S $35M(THIRTY FIVE MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS).

I WILL BE MONITORING THE WHOLE SITUATION HERE IN GHANA UNTIL YOU CONFIRM THE MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT. I WILL COME TO YOU AFTER YOU'VE RECEIVE THE MONEY IN YOUR COUNTRY FOR SUBSEQUENT SHARING OF THE FUND ACCORDING TO PERCENTAGES PREVIOUSLY INDICATED AND FURTHER INVESTMENT,EITHER IN YOUR COUNTRY OR ANY COUNTRY YOU ADVICE ME TO INVEST IN.ALL NECESSARY VITAL INFORMATION WILL BE SENT TO YOU WHEN I HEAR FROM YOU. I SUGGEST YOU GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE STATING YOUR WISH IN THIS DEAL.I AM EXPECTING YOUR URGENT REPLY AS SOON YOU RECIEVE THIS MESSAGE.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
BARRISTER.PAUL AFFUM

It's funny, I found a post/article quite a few years ago where someone acted as if they were interested in one of these scams. Had to be one of the funniest things I've read in a while. I'll see if I can't find it somewhere though it's been a few years.

Maybe we should all pool our resources :)

Personally, I'm thinking maybe we start an American version of this, with which we can start spamming our opportunistic friends in Nigeria and Ghana.

'Dear friend,
I was recently digging in my New Jersey backyard to replace my olympic-sized hot tub drain, when I found a oaken vessel bearing a letter from one of our founding fathers. Apparently, in return for supporting us during the great struggle of the American Revolution, our forebears promised Nigeria 0.5% of all future national revenues. My research shows that YOU are due a percentage of these funds, current value of which is in excess of $80 bazillion gazillion US dollars. US law requires that we return these funds to their rightful owners. Therefore, if you would simply provide me with a modest administrative fee of $3,500, I will with great haste transfer your birthright to your checking account immediately. Unfortunately, your administrative fees must be paid in cash - however, if you will also provide your checking account number and identification #'s, I will quickly make the transfer of your newly-gained wealth.

Today is your lucky day my friend.

your humble servant,

Joe Smith.
Esquire.

Sarge--that was supposed to be a private business deal between us--

Now I'll have to take it up with the 300 million other people that I privately submitted that proposal to.

It's funny, I found a post/article quite a few years ago where someone acted as if they were interested in one of these scams. Had to be one of the funniest things I've read in a while. I'll see if I can't find it somewhere though it's been a few years.

This American Life did a story about this a while back. I highly recommend it. Hilarious stuff. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.