• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Playoff Predictions

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
I plan on doing this on a weekly basis until the Super Bowl. Feel free to chime in with your own input.

Last week, I posted on facebook that the Tebows would squeak by the Steelers at the end of the game. That was on the money. I also said the Giants would blow out the Falcons, which was also right on the money. I got laughed at for both predictions, and they were both dead on.

So here it goes for this week.....

Denver at New England: Tebow will win again, but not on a last second play. It will be entirely because god wants to give him more postseason wins than Tony Romo, because Jesus is a Redskins fan. Tom Brady will never win another post season game.

Houston at Baltimore: Houston will deflate the hype machine that is the Baltimore Ravens when they run away with it early and shut the Ravens down.

New York Giants at Green Bay: The Packers will remind everyone that Eli isn't his brother, in anything other than the ability to lose when it counts. Aaron Rodgers will get to do the discount double check plenty, and he will let Matt Flynn finish the game for him.

New Orleans at San Francisco: The 49ers aren't really a better team than the Saints. But they will be this week, when it matters. The Saints will see that they really aren't as good on the road as they are at home, but the refs will be handing the game to the 49ers all day. One streak that will still be firmly in tact at the end of the game, is the inability of the Saints to win a road playoff game.

Denver at New England: Head over heart on this one. Denver has a good, not great defense, rankings aside. Tebow had a career day last week against the Steelers. I'm not sure he can play out of his mind 2 weeks in a row. I don't see Brady allowing himself to break the NFL post-season record for consecutive losses. New England will simply find a way to put up more points than the Denver offense can keep pace with.

Houston at Baltimore: I see this as the first upset this weekend. I have never been impressed with Flacco. He's a gifted passer, but his play is erratic. I am not a believer. I think Houston continues to surprise. I feel so bad for Matt Schaub - he deserves to be there.

New York Giants at Green Bay: Green Bay is the no-brainer pick. But I'm not picking them. Coughlin isn't just a good coach, he's the most under-rated coach in the NFL. He has the Giants back from the dead, and Eli is playing out of his mind. I think the Giants play inspired football, and that there will be some unexpected turnovers generated by a much maligned NY defense. Giants win in a nail-biter.

New Orleans at San Francisco: This one all comes down to one simple fact. The 49ers may contain New Orleans, but they won't be able to slow them down enough. Alex Smith is vastly improved, but (unlike Tebow) he's not Jesus. The 49ers won't be able to put up enough points to beat the eventual SB champion Saints.

:laugh: There you go placing so much importance on self that you had to start another thread when there already is one on this very subject. :betterwink: Just call me Richard!

Oh and the only pick you might get right is the Denver pick. Other than that, you are way off base!

Ravens beat the daylights out of Houston. Yates is going to show how very much a rookie he is when he goes against that Ravens defense. This is Ray Ray's last season and he is going to be on another level for this last few games!

The 49er's will get beat down by the Saints, That offense is unstoppable! The 49ers have a damn good defense, but not that good! Too many weapons.

The Giants are going to play the Packers tough again, I just don't see the same high scoring game. The Packers offensive line is going to have their hands full against a Giants' defensive line that is hitting on all cylinders. The Giants just need to get to Rodgers quick.

I think Denver upsets the Pats unless they are playing the refs too. I mean it is the Golden Boy and all...

I know it's early in the game, but so far, I'd like to extend a haha and f you to all of you for doubting me :D

As far as D goes in the Denver/New England game Boone, the Pats had the number 31 defense this year. If defense is going to be a factor, Tebow will hit 300 yards again.

The 49er's will get beat down by the Saints, That offense is unstoppable! The 49ers have a damn good defense, but not that good! Too many weapons.
ORLY? 3 turnovers for the Saints in the first quarter. That's great in my book :laugh:

You have to give props to San Fran (but not Extreme) for coming out with a vengeance. But the Saints will make this a game (they just scored btw). This is still anyone's game.

I know it's early in the game, but so far, I'd like to extend a haha and f you to all of you for doubting me :D

As far as D goes in the Denver/New England game Boone, the Pats had the number 31 defense this year. If defense is going to be a factor, Tebow will hit 300 yards again.

This thread has gotten quiet all of a sudden :)

Adrenaline can only take you so far. Watch out 49ers, here come the Saints.

I do believe the Lions went up 14-0 last week if memory serves me correctly. This game is farrrrr from over!

5 turnovers now :D

I was eating dinner, that's the explanation for the silence.

Sure it was :)

This game could go either way. The Saints clearly can reel off a TD or two in a hurry. The 49ers have played a great defensive game, but 5 turnovers and only up by 6 - that's ominous.

I have no idea who will win this game.

Carlos playing a great game, give credit where it is due. Still think e Saints win this one. 5 turnovers and only up by 6? Probably not gonna do it.

Carlos playing a great game, give credit where it is due. Still think e Saints win this one. 5 turnovers and only up by 6? Probably not gonna do it.

Could you believe the TD save made there by Rogers. I mean - seriously? Where was this guy when he was a Redskin?

Answer: Maybe The Oracle knows.

I am wishing the Saints would crank it up and put the 49ers away. I am ready to say good bye to the West Coast Harbaugh. Just seeing the guy on my TV screen really bugs me. Really.

And if anyone wonders if our Secondary Coaching is suspect, just check out the game Carlos is having. :( I was unhappy about Shanahan bring Slowick with him from Denver and now I know why.

49ers have some life left in them yet. This game will come down to who has the ball last. On a side note, amazing what Harbaugh has done with Alex Smith. To trust him in a game of this magnitude on 3rd and long, down by 1 in the 4th quarter? That's something.

Wow. Like I said....that is trust gentlemen. Awesome.

Impressive but they have left Brees too much time. Might not matter but still...

Graham just laughed at him all the way in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.