• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Capitals fire Boudreau, name Dale Hunter head coach

Looking forward to how the team reacts to DH
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Hunter, when asked about coaching his players to play like he did: "There are too many refs out there now."

Love it! The accountability stuff from Boudreau never really felt serious...like he was wishy-washy about it almost. Like a substitute teacher trying to discipline a rowdy classroom. I assume Hunter will command the respect that BB obviously did not get.

Boudreau deserves respect for pushing the Caps into respectability, but I think he plateaued with this team. They were too often outclassed in the playoffs when you consider how talented they are and now this slide.

Hopefully, this lights a fire under the Caps.

I have followed the Caps from a distance. Not a big hockey fan, but since they are DC's team will see how they are doing.

My question for those that follow the sport closer is do you think Boudreau was the problem or scapegoat?

I have followed the Caps from a distance. Not a big hockey fan, but since they are DC's team will see how they are doing.

My question for those that follow the sport closer is do you think Boudreau was the problem or scapegoat?

Personally, I think Boudreau has been too soft with this group for a long time. He brought in a new air of accountability this season, but I think it was too little, too late.

Yes, the players did not get it done in the playoffs, however I think that is a reflection of the coach also. Optional skates in the playoffs down 3-0 to the Lightning is one example of this.

I think the players deserve a lot of the blame, however you can't cut a bunch of people midseason, so the coach will almost always take the fall. Now we get to see how they respond to a new voice behind the bench; and Hunter will definitely demand more respect than Bruce did.

Ovechkin will retain the "C" - I think Hunter is going to evaluate his actions, and try to help him understand what being the Captain is truly all about. Hunter was a true leader on and off the ice, and is probably the perfect guy to help Ovechkin understand what it takes.

Not starting off well tonight, St.Louis is killing us on shots on goal.......get it together caps for **** sake

More of the same we saw under Bruce so far...lackadaisical with the puck, not defending our own zone well...this is how you lose 5-1 to a Buffalo team without 9 players. Sigh.

Boudreau hired by the Anaheim Ducks. Good luck, Gabby - you've certainly got another stable full of weapons in Anaheim to work with. Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry, Selaanne - should be interesting to watch.

And we come out sloppy, can't get a shot on goal and look like we're attempting to play as bad as possible in the 1st period tonight...............I'm ordering tums and mylanta for the rest of the season.

Ugh, I hate losing to the Penguins. Dale's system is sound, I just don't know if they've got the personnel to pull it off. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see a couple guys on the move fairly soon...LL56 from ES has a buddy who said the buzz at Kettler right now is Semin to San Jose for Patrick Marleau and a 2nd-round pick.

Should have re-signed Hannan and Arnott; Hamrlik has been terrible, and I don't know if Johannsson is built for this type of hockey. Sigh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.