• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hoos vs. Hokies: Armageddon

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
In the interest of fellowship, good sportsmanship and world peace, I offer some humor before tomorrow's Scott Stadium showdown:

There's a guy from UVa (Wahoo) driving from Charlottesville to Blacksburg, and a guy from Va Tech (Hokie) driving from Blacksburg to Charlottesville.

In the middle of the night with no other cars on the road they hit each other head on and both cars go flying off in different directions. The Hokie manages to climb out of his car and survey the damage. He looks at his twisted car and says, "Man, I am really lucky to be alive!" Likewise the Wahoo scrambles out of his car and looks at his wreckage. He too says to himself, "I can't believe I survived this wreck!"

The Hokie walks over to the Wahoo and says, "Hey man, I think this is a sign from God that we should put away our petty differences and live as friends instead of arch rivals." The Wahoo thinks for a moment and says, "You know, you're absolutely right! We should be friends. Now I'm gonna see what else survived this wreck."

So the Wahoo pops open his trunk and finds a full unopened bottle of Jim Beam. He says to the Hokie, "I think this is another sign from God that we should toast to our new found understanding and friendship." The Hokie says, "You're damn right!" and he grabs the bottle and starts sucking down Jim Beam. After putting away nearly half the bottle the Hokie hands it back to the Wahoo and says, "Your turn!"

The Wahoo twists the cap back on the bottle and says, "Nahh, I think I'll wait for the cops to show up."

If you're a Hokie, just admit it - it rings true, doesn't it? :)

Wahoowa!!!

I'm hopeful. Very hopeful. My daughter and husband will be at the game tomorrow - really envy them at the moment. No matter what happens, London has this team on the right track. Recruiting continues to be solid and he is going to build a consistent winner.

Either way, my beloved Cavs have made major strides this year and it will be nice to see them in a bowl game. Winning this game and taking the ACC title for an Orange Bowl berth may not happen, but who knows...???

The basketball team is slowly getting better and I'm hopeful with Bennett at the helm.

And the women's bball team had a huge win the other night over Tennessee - undefeated too. Take it to 'em ladies! The new coach is quickly settling in rather nicely.

Lacrosse continues to amaze. Keep it going guys!

Baseball has been impressive in recent years. Time for a College World Series title this year!

For Yeardley.
http://www.joinonelove.org/

This is apparently going to be televised here in the wasteland that is the home of the old SWC. I'm a little stunned. And thankful.

Got a chat room going while I watch this one for those who might be interested...

Still proud of my team - they had a great season and now it is time to prepare for a bowl game. With quality recruits coming in and this young lineup, the future is looking fine.

Yeah, today was tough for sure but this team is definitely ahead of where I thought they would be now when London was hired two years ago. Next year, he should have more of his guys than Groh's for the first time as well. Things are looking up at The University.

Not much to add. The Hoos still aren't ready for prime time or elite opponents, but they have had a very good season and as you guys, and I'm sure the coaching staff are preaching, they shouldn't let one blowout loss to a top 5 team erase that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.