• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Detroit: Dirtiest NFL Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Let me first say I have enjoyed watching Detroit over the past 2 seasons as they get better. I like Ndamakung Suh. The kid comes to play football and refuses to take a step back. I think he has gotten a bad rap because the kid is good and balls!

Last night's game changed my mind a little. Nick Fairley took it a little to far with his hit on Cutler in the 3rd Quarter. He drove Cutler into the ground well after the ball was released. It was close, the kid is young and just getting things going so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

But the way Moore was vilified for going after Stafford the way he did after Stafford grabbed him by the helmet and threw him down, I am starting to think these complaints about dirty play by Detroit may be warranted.

Today Schwartz was aksed about the Moore ejection and the fact that Stafford started it. He said that he didn't see anything wrong with what Stafford did, "he wasn't penalized the Chicago player was". Well Jim, he was not penalized because the refs missed it or they would have thrown the flag. This reaction by Schwartz and his reaction to the Harbaugh mistake make me think this team is being coached by a hot head who may just be advocating the dirty play they are being accused of.

Edit: At the 2:09 mark you can see Stafford grab Moore by the facemask with his left hand and back of helmet with his right hand then throw him to the ground because he was pissed he threw an INT.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScSMenh9Fu0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScSMenh9Fu0
[/URL]

Last edited:
I agree to an extent Mike, but what Stafford did was just a bitch move. I do like the style of the old Madden guys though, I wish we had more badasses in the league. But being a badass and a punk are two different things. Stafford is a punk, Moore was the badass.

dirty is in the mind of the judger. I would take 52 players like Suh if I could have them. Its better to be feared than loved on the field for sure and his intensity HAS to intimidate QBs.

Like I said, I like Suh and his hard play but I am talking about Stafford and Schwartz more than either Fairley or Suh. It just seems like they are breeding something there. I refused to believe it until I saw Stafford last night and Schwartz's reaction.

Schwartz saw nothing wrong with what Stafford did Mike. That is a problem since Stafford threw Moore down with one hand grasping the face mask and the other grabbing the back of dudes helmet. That's dirty! And if you can't see that then no need discussing this any further.

Looked to me like it was out of frustration, but whaddoIknow? Schwartz publically supporting his QB is unsurprising; as long as berrated him behind closed doors, I'm OK with it.

I guess when you take into account all the other dirty play talk around the Lions this year, then yeah, I can see why some folks are upset.

There is no excuse for what Matthew Stafford did. It was cowardly!

it was face to face and he didnt kick him in the nuts. he grabbed a dude by the facemask and slung him to the ground. seems more cocky and arrogant than cowardly. maybe if he ran up from behind him i could see that.

But for all intents and purposes he did sucker punch him. Moore was going on the premise that he did not have to consider such a tactic since it is illegal.

Follow me here Mike.

If he was not expecting to be thrown down in such a manner because the rules state it is illegal, then it was a cowardly thing to do since Stafford was using an unfair advantage to over come the block he was trying to shed because he was angry he threw his 3rd pick in the 2nd half of the game.

Logical reasoning would suggest that Stafford's disregard for the rule, illegal contact to the helmet, equates to a sucker punch in a fight. Neither are expected and both are used to gain an unfair advantage.

But, you're just arguing to argue at this point so I leave you to the last word!

Last edited:
I find the Bears uniforms more disgusting than the brawl.
Why does the NFL insist on trying to be cute with these alternate unis ??
It looks like someone took the Broncos unis and puked on them.

As for the fight - who is surprised. Players do as their coach does - pick unnecessary fights like he did with Coach Harbaugh.

So he cheats to get away from being hit? You asked me earlier, why I was "talking this way". Maybe I could have been a little more tactful, but I guess I didn't expect that from you Mike.

Stafford is and was completely in the wrong for his actions the other night. It was out of frustration and doesn't deserve a place in football. You can look at it like a QB standing up for himself, but I see it as a cowardly move. Jason Campbell, playing for Oakland earlier this year, threw an interception. Instead of engaging a defender by grabbing said defender's face mask and trying to rip his head off, JC drilled dude with a great hit! The player he hit got up and the 2 of them patted each other and went on. That's how a QB should "take care of business". Stafford was a coward! He acted like a sore sport! I lost all respect for him, especially after the quote you provided! And to be honest, I am not quite sure what to think since you'r defending his defenseless actions.

lol..sorry I let you down, Brian. I didnt realize it was such a big deal that I am OK with Stafford doing that.

you need to chill out with this judging of me if you expect anything but laughter from me. I think you should know me well enough by now to know I dont care what people thnk of me and if you TRY to judge me Im just going to laugh about it.

as far as being a coward; thats your opinion and I wont call you names for it. But I dont agree and I think with all the cheap shots and massive hits that QBs take a little aggression from them is understandable.

Chill out huh? It was a bit of a let down Mike. I did expect a little more from you than to support a coward like that. But hey no problem, I won't expect much from you anymore.

WTF? How the hell are you two fighting? That would be like a fight between Bert & Ernie, Siskel & Ebert, Wayne & Garth. I'm confused.

I didnt realize that I was supposed to live up to your standards. Like you are the be all end all of people to impress. Youve been nothing but rude and judgmental in this entire thread and you can expect whatever you want from me, Brian.

Im just going to continue to laugh at you while you try to judge me from your high horse. LOL

No Mike, I just consider you a friend and it upsets me to see you enjoy watching Stafford do what he did. That's all. I am not asking you to impress me.

Go ahead and laugh if that's what you need to do. I will simply question why I put so much stock in you over the years, continually defending you to others to find out the person I was defending is exactly who they said you were, not the man I thought you were.

**** the Lions !!

They're now officially my most hated team.

Between this incident, the Schwartz incident, and ESPECIALLY all the arrogant and disrespectful **** their players said about Tebow (that proved to be DEAD wrong) after their game against Denver, that team can go **** themselves. I hope the Packers stomp the **** out of them if they make it into the playoffs.

milly20vanilli.jpg

Is Detroit the NFL's dirtiest team ?

That's an easy question.

Suh, by himself, is dirtier than any entire NFL team's players combined.

He's a completely classless, completely inexcusable scumbag, ghetto, thug, P.O.S.

If you saw the play today against the Packers that got him ejected, you should agree with all of the above. The thing(s) he did on that one play were worse than what Haynesworth did to Andre Gurode.

Not only should he be flagged and ejected, but fined and suspended.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Detroit and especially Suh, can go **** themselves. That best summarizes my feelings towards them.

You're the one who said that "thug" was a "black" term, not me or anyone else. Way to stereotype the term yourself, and play the race card.

And if all you saw was a "half-ass" stomp in the armpit, then you didn't see the whole play. Helmet or no helmet, it his acts were still more disgusting than Albert's.

If it wasn't Thanksgiving, I'd give both you guys an extended time-out.

A. None of us care about or want to read your little running pissing contest.
B. Keep your personal bull**** out of these moderated forums.

Getting tired of this stuff guys. If you want the privilege of posting here, you'd better learn what belongs in PM and not in the forums. Same conversation that's been had multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.