• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Is There A 10 Win Team in the NFCE?

Which NFCE team wins 10 or more games?

• Cowboys

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Eagles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Redskins

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • None of them.

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Heard this question posed today on the local ESPN radio station here in Dallas. The afternoon drive time crew asked it and after watching 5 weeks of NFL ball, they don't think any team in the NFCE will get to 10 wins and that the first team to 9 goes to the playoffs.

Your thoughts?

I do believe the first team to 9 wins goes, but I also believe there will be a 10 win team. I honestly believe that Philthy has zero shot at all. They are like the Cowboys of last year, and it will take a miracle for them to see 7 wins. The Cowboys just aren't in it again this year, and while I expect them to win 8 or 9 games, I lean more toward 8. Either way, they miss the playoffs.

That leaves the Redskins and Giants. NY is weaker than their record implies. As the season progresses, it will be interesting to see whether they fight it out for some tough wins, or get frustrated and throw in the towel. I see them at 8 or 9 also, but I give them the slight edge over Dallas.

That leaves the Redskins. It's fairly obvious that our defense is seriously making a name for itself, and they have made a total turnaround from last season. Also, we have Phil coming back after the bye, so they will get even stronger. Torain gave me a semi, because I believe we now have a highly potent three headed monster in the backfield.

I believe that our only weaknesses on offense are the obvious - Trent and Rex. Trent just seems to suck pretty much always these days, and Rex can't seem to decide whether to be just decent, or highly effective. If he keeps up his back and forth, I see us meandering toward 9 wins. We will find ways to win in spite of his off games. However, if he starts to put up decent games with consistency, and we build momentum, we can easily pull off 10-11 wins.

I know it's early, and a lot is probably homerism and wishful thinking, but this team is starting to remind me of the 2000-2001 Ravens. Think about it. They had Trent friggin Dilfer at QB. Easily the most inept QB to ever win a title, but just effective enough to win it all. Very similar statistically to Rex in many ways. Jamal Lewis was a rookie that gave them 1300 rushing yards, a number we will easily surpass this year. They also had solid TEs and a speedy receiver. There stars were all on defense, and they went 12-4 and won a title.

Tim Hightower might not be as crazy as people think right now. I don't know if we're going to be Super Bowl calibur for a few more years, but you never know. I have to say again as I have several times since preseason.....I said it then and I stand by it now, that there is just something special about this team that I can't quite put my finger on. It's just a gut thing, and a statement I first made in the preseason. We're better than even a lot of fans give us credit for. You'll see what I mean, just wait and see.

Oh, that Ravens team also averaged 20.8 ppg, we are currently at 20.7. Our defense isn't quite at the level that team was, that's hard to do, but it's only been 4 games. Time will only tell where it goes.

I think Philly will eventually run off 4-5 in a row, but I don't think it will be enough, after starting 1-5. :D NY is not a good team right now. They may get better, but if they stay like they are now, they will have trouble making it to 8 wins. The Skins don't have the offense to win 10 games, imo, and I hope I will be proven wrong. Our defense will keep us in a lot of games, but I don't think our offense can keep up.

That leaves the Boys. I hate to say it, but I think it may be possible for them to win 10. Not sure how likely it is, and Romo is a choking dog who will give games up at the worst possible moment, but their offense is explosive. Watch their game on Sunday against the Pats awful D. They will put up points. Lots of points. I'm not sure they will be able to outscore NE, but it won't be a low scoring game.

I voted that no team will hit 10 wins, but if one does, my reluctant vote is the Boys.

Check their schedule, Philly doesn't even have the possibility of running off 4-5 in a row. To do that at any point in their schedule, they would have to beat 2 top tier teams in a 4 or 5 game span on the road. Not happening, they are done for.

As far as the Cowboys being the team to beat? I don't even know how to respond to that other than with confusion, because I have no idea what you could possibly be basing that off of when they're more mediocre than we are. ESPN tells lies, don't listen to them :laugh:

I think Philly will eventually run off 4-5 in a row, but I don't think it will be enough, after starting 1-5. :D NY is not a good team right now. They may get better, but if they stay like they are now, they will have trouble making it to 8 wins. The Skins don't have the offense to win 10 games, imo, and I hope I will be proven wrong. Our defense will keep us in a lot of games, but I don't think our offense can keep up.

That leaves the Boys. I hate to say it, but I think it may be possible for them to win 10. Not sure how likely it is, and Romo is a choking dog who will give games up at the worst possible moment, but their offense is explosive. Watch their game on Sunday against the Pats awful D. They will put up points. Lots of points. I'm not sure they will be able to outscore NE, but it won't be a low scoring game.

I voted that no team will hit 10 wins, but if one does, my reluctant vote is the Boys.

I sadly agree with Goal. The Cowboys have the best shot with the Redskins being the dark horse. If the Skins can figure out the offense, they have a much better shot - but as things stand, I see the Skins maxing out at 9 wins, more likely winning 8. The Eagles...no way they win 9 of 11 to get to 10 wins. New York's schedule is even more brutal than ours - not only do they have New England, Buffalo and San Fran, they get the pleasure of hosting the Packers and traveling to the Superdome.

The Cowboys have by far the easiest schedule in the division, and have the best shot. Now whether or not choking dog Romo can get them there is another question, but we shall see...

As far as the Cowboys being the team to beat? I don't even know how to respond to that other than with confusion, because I have no idea what you could possibly be basing that off of when they're more mediocre than we are. ESPN tells lies, don't listen to them :laugh:

He said they have the best shot to get to 10 wins, not that they were the team to beat. They have a soft schedule and their offense IS explosive. They get Austin back against the Patsies (my fantasy team rejoices) and they will put up some numbers this week.

He said they have the best shot to get to 10 wins, not that they were the team to beat
Deduce Lanky, if they are the team with the best shot, and he is saying they will win the division by making that assertion, how is he not saying they are the team to beat?

Also, they still have 5 division games, Buffalo, New England on the road and Tampa Bay on the road. Not sure how that gives Dallas a soft schedule. That's 8 really tough games left that they will be lucky to split. To win 10 games, they would have to not only win half of those games, but all 4 of their other games to win 10. Dallas might win 8, no more.

Last edited:
Deduce Lanky, if they are the team with the best shot, and he is saying they will win the division by making that assertion, how is he not saying they are the team to beat?

You're overthinking this, bud.

You're overthinking this, bud.
I don't see how really. You said he didn't say they were the team to beat. Those were not his exact words, but it is what he said. All I did was explain why. Tony Romo never has been and never will be clutch. They will lose at least 3 games in December, just as they always do. As a result, they would have to be 9-3 going into the last month of the season to win 10 games. No way they will go 7-1 from now until then.

Dallas sucks :D

Dallas has the O. All I'm hearing this year from everywhere is the offensive explosion in the league has changed things, even more of a passing league, etc. Dallas can keep up. They can score, and they can do it in a hurry. I read an article about Detroit this morning that said the same thing: they can not be counted out of any games this year because Stafford to CJ can put up points in seconds, not minutes. Same with Dallas. There are a handful of teams in the league with that capability: NE, GB, DET, and DAL.

I don't like it, mind you. But it's true. Our D played lights out against them, holding them out of the endzone was a minor miracle. And they still won. Look at their schedule: after the loss against the Pats this weekend, they have St Louis, Philly, Seattle and Buffalo, with only Philly being on the road. 4 winnable games, with Buffalo being a major shootout, probably entertaining as hell to watch. Then us, Miami and Arizona. Not inconceivable they could be 8-4 after the first weekend in Dec. Their last four are ridiculously tough, but I don't see the Giants sweeping them, and they can beat the Bucs who aren't playing great so far.

I hate to say it, but 10 wins isn't a stretch. Now, we can all continue to pray that Romo continues his choking ways, and they only get to 6 wins...

I don't like it, mind you. But it's true. Our D played lights out against them, holding them out of the endzone was a minor miracle. And they still won.

Don't forget Dez Bryant was hobbled, and Miles Austin wasn't playing. If they had a full-strength WR corps, I'm pretty sure we'd have lost that game by 10 or more points.

Gotta agree with Mike. If the Cowboys were so good, well - they'd be good.

They aren't.

At least not today.

Gotta agree with Mike. If the Cowboys were so good, well - they'd be good.

They aren't.

At least not today.

I don't think they're "so good," but I do think they've got the best shot at winning 10 games in the division.

No way in hell. They've got a better chance at falling flat and losing 10 than they do of winning 10.

I don't think they're "so good," but I do think they've got the best shot at winning 10 games in the division.

This is where I am at too, as much as I hate to say it. They have the best shot at it schedule wise and while they have had some early issues, they are getting healthier. Granted, that could go by the wayside any week too as they do have some players who are apparently related to glass (looking at you Dez and Felix).

I voted for no one. I honestly don't see enough in any NFCE team at this time to see anything but everybody splitting with everybody else and a two or even three-way tie at 9-7 for the division. More likely two though with one at 8-8 and one at 7-9 or 6-10. Don't ask me who though-too early to tell.

Possible exception-Dallas. Romo doesn't screw-up and they're healthy they're the closest thing in the NFCE to the kind of offensive/defensive balance the 49ers are showing. They will surprise some favored teams yet to come. They will probably also lose to a couple of dogs with boneheaded mistakes as well however.

I'm surprised more people didn't pick the Gints. But I'm happy about it.

My head says them because they're the most balanced when they're healthy. W/ my heart, though - Skins are really the favored there. Because if they play up to potential, our starting talent is better, IMO... again, if they actually do it.

Chris Mortenson was on the same radio show yesterday that got to start this thread and the guys on there asked him this question. He said he sees all 4 teams in the NFCE as 9 win teams with an error margin of +/-1 or so.

Man, excellent question. Right now, I mean as of TODAY, I'd say we're the most likely. But I'm in NO WAY prepared to predict that will happen.

I always kind of believe in the Giants, just because they seem to always quietly be pretty good, even when they're not all that good.

The Eagles are toast for this year. I think they end up 7-9 at best. And Mike is all over the Cowboys. I don't need to say anything else about that.

I'm beginning to have a fair amount of confidence in a 9-win season for the Skins. But the DC sports fan in me won't let me say 10+ just yet.

Possible exception-Dallas. Romo doesn't screw-up and they're healthy they're the closest thing in the NFCE to the kind of offensive/defensive balance the 49ers are showing. They will surprise some favored teams yet to come. They will probably also lose to a couple of dogs with boneheaded mistakes as well however.

With all respect to you, serv, I just don't get this. Why does everyone, every year, try to tell me how great the Cowboys are? I didn't think it was possible, but their o-line is actually WORSE this year than it was last year. And we all knew a season ago that would be their downfall.

The Cowboys have "names" because they're the one team that every sports media outlet talks about constantly. Romo doesn't deserve 1/10th of the hype he gets, and he's BARELY a top-10 QB in the league, if he is at all.

DeMarcus Ware scares me. Jay Ratliff scares me. Other than that, I think our roster is every bit as good as theirs, if not better. (I even give the edge to our receivers top to bottom; though we don't have a Bryant or an Austin.)

I just don't understand. And I'm not picking on you at all. I just don't get why the Cowboys over-promise and under-deliver every year, and still get the hype.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.