• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Forget the #3 QB/RB controversies - Who will be our #1 Punt Returner?

Riggo-toni

The Rookie
Reaction score
OK, am I the only one who does not want Randle El returning punts anymore? Maybe I was spoiled by Mitchell and Nelms, but I can't stand the dance routine anymore. For all the mancrushes on Mason, I'd like to know if either Aldridge or Dorsey could make it as an NFL PR. Moss is too valuable. Thoughts? Reactions?:new_idea:

I think the No. 1 punt returner may have to do with who the No. 3 running back is. ;)

I think Dorsey has looked great as a punt returner. Not sure about Alridge.

But no, I think it's fairly obvious that Randle El hasn't lived up to his billing. But he's solid. Not sure the guy has fumbled in his career here.

I'm excited about Dorsey as a potential replacement for Randle El as a returner.

I'm pretty tired of ARE's East-West punt returns too. I just don't think Dorsey has shown enough, either as a PR or RB to warrant letting Rock go. Cartwright isn't going to break many but he's very good at following his blockers and consistently getting us good field position on kick returns.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I like Alridge's speed. Sometimes it's that quick burst on a punt return that gets you into the clear and gone. I don't expect him to make the team though; I think there are too many other RBs ahead of him. Maybe he'll end up on the practice squad.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Deangelo Hall back there.

I like Alridge's speed. Sometimes it's that quick burst on a punt return that gets you into the clear and gone. I don't expect him to make the team though; I think there are too many other RBs ahead of him. Maybe he'll end up on the practice squad.

I like Aldridge's speed as well, he's a darting, slip-through-tiny-hole, get by the defender before he knows what's happening ball carrier with speed like nowhere else on the roster-just the element the Skins lack. Unfortunately, he has something else as well-or, perhaps I should say he doesn't have something-superglue hands like Cartwright. Aldridge's most glaring weakness is one you don't want in a punt returner-a tendency to lose the football. Plus, as you mention, right now there seems to be a relative surplus of RBs, even if none other has that quickness.

It's a shame, too-a runner like Aldridge would make the Skins running game something to be feared. Sure, Mason's coming on strrong and CP is, simply, CP-but they don't have that electrifying, 4-8 yard "what-just-happened?!?" run capability that someone like Aldridge does. I just keep replaying the Patrick Chung 33 yard return that set up the Pats winning field goal and think, damn, the Skins need somebody who can do that. Damn slippery hands.

I'm leaning toward Dorsey as the punt returner; like you said, China, Moss is too valuable to risk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.