• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Eagles DT Patterson collapses.

SkinnedAussie

The Team Captain
Reaction score
With news that Philly's Mike Patterson collapsed during training camp, and has since been diagnosed with Arteriovenous malformations (AVM), here's an article that helps understand the problem.

Ryan Aun cheats death after four brain surgeries

Even if Patterson gets away with the one, maybe two surgeries, would he be wise to consider continuing with his NFL career?

Yes, I know he's an Eagle, but he's still a football player.

Eagles | Trainer confirms Mike Patterson health issue
Thu, 04 Aug 2011 08:24:41 -0700

Philadelphia Eagles trainer Rick Burkholder confirmed that DT Mike Patterson (head) has AVM, which means he has tangled blood vessels in his skull. Burkholder would not speculate on what that means for Patterson's football future. Patterson is on medication to prevent more seizures.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1U4oGG8ki

Man, I didn't even know that existed. Crazy! I know I would retire if I had something crazy like that. I would probably retire with any kind of uncertainty above the shoulders...that's an area you don't want to mess with!

I wonder if there is anything in the CBA to cover this? I know there is supposed to be something about the effects of concussion, but this is still brain related.

I'm off to bed guys. It's 3am here, and I have some landscaping to do later this morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.