• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN's NFC East Blog: Vick has first practice with Eagles

BGO

Posted by ESPN.com staff

Michael Vick was back on an NFL practice field for the first time since completing his prison sentence.

Vick ran the scout team offense in Saturday morning's walk-through practice with the Philadelphia Eagles. He's expected to do more when the team returns to the field in the afternoon.

"We have to get him in football shape," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. Reid said Vick was fit enough to handle an NFL practice and the team would bring him along accordingly.

Vick practiced only at quarterback in his first practice, Reid said.

"That's what Michael is," he said. "Michael's a quarterback."

Read the full story here.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio talks about Vick working with the scout team in his first practice with the Eagles.

More...

Interesting - doesn't sound to me like the Eagles have any intention of doing something radical, like making a WR or back of him. Sounds to me like they're thinking he'll compete for the #2 spot...

Also of interest to me is the part in that piece were they talk about Donovan lobbying for the Eagles to sign Vick. This is a guy who has been the dictionary definition of "uneasy is the head that wears the crown" for the last few seasons, always irked about some perceived slight to his status as starter and seeing signs of disrespect for him personally around every corner. But he apparently is not only ok with this but asked for it. A little amazing if you ask me...maybe too amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.